Aircraft now always on Cold Start

Jon Clarke

I am getting frustrated because suddenly my Cessna 172 is always on cold start instead of engine running. I think the problem started when i installed the A2A Cessna 172 which is designed for cold start being such a technical plane versus the the default FSX model I use mostly in P3D. I have tried saving a flight with the engine running and made it default, but it just isn't working anymore. I am also getting beeps on low level (warnings) etc which was never there before.

I want the engine running at start up so any help appreciated.

Hello,

The best way, I believe is to use a default aircraft in your saved default flight.

You can set this aircraft, I prefer the Cessna 172, to the state in which you

want the sim to start save the flight, ticking the default box and the settings

will be the same each time you start FSX.

Only then change to your more complex aircraft.

Or is this what you are already doing?

Hi Nick. Very strange happenings here ! I had just installed the Warnervale P3D installer and decided to try it out. I set Central to Oceana, chose YWVA and it loaded and the Cessna had it's engines running. I then changed central to NA and went to KAWO and the Cessna was in cold start. The Default flight has not been changed, so I am stuck for an explanation.

Did you know jjaycee that if you use the 'F' keys 1 thru' 6, you can set up that 'plane virtually anyway you like?

John

Unfortunately none of the suggestions work for me. I had already a long time ago deleted some of the Button/Keys configs in the default controller settings and replaced them with buttons on my Saitek x52, I have an "autostart" button assigned on the x52 which works fine and resolves the cold start, but does not help me get Hot & Light as default as it used to be. It also does not explain my observation that when i went to Warnervale YWVA the Cessna was in Hot & Light having shut P3D down to change region in Central from NA to Oceana.

I do not know if it's too late, because you may have moved things a lot, however, in these cases, just delete the Prepar3d.cfg and this underlined folder: C: Users\YourUser\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files, and everything will be ok.

Voyager

Hi Voyager and thanks. No it is not too late but before I do that I want to know if I could reinsert some of my Prepar3D files after the deletion (from a back up). I ask because I have many Graphics cfgs saved typically set to varying amounts of AI settings and lighting etc for different places, and use them for setting up a flight prior to the flight loading. I can live with having to replace them all but just want to know why I need to delete those files rather than just the Prepar3D cfg file.

I am assuming there must be a line in the cfg which has changed to introduce cold and dark but I have no idea which line it would be.

Archived