Southern Europe...

NN_Avirex

I can't get tired of Open LC Europe.

After hours of sim over this scenery, I still enjoy it a lot.

Just put the right airport at the right place and here you go, hours of show !

More then that, you guys at ORBX have made a stunning job over southern Europe.

Italy, Spain, Portugal and southern France are so nice that it will be difficult to make better in the future, even if I hope you will !

Those are very scenic area that deserve a special attention anyway, even if I see that for the moment you are more "north oriented" :)

I hope you will think about it...

In a post (too lazy to locate it) JV said that his current intention was to go south through Europe. So definite 1. Norway 2. Germany ... then possibly 3. Switzerland and 4. Italy.

(noting that you are from Italy)

Well, OpenLC is one of the beautiest addons ever produced, a must for sure, and essential because the other addons don't seem cathedrals in the desert. It's photoreal based, and just for this reason it appears so beautiful. Anyway we are making sceneries to improve Europe, mine is an example :)

a302d0d859548d3f0b44252717c260ae.jpg

9b083b7664f24283dd3b28afd21c0de4.jpg

I think it's enough closed to the reality.

2 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Well, OpenLC is one of the beautiest addons ever produced, a must for sure, and essential because the other addons don't seem cathedrals in the desert. It's photoreal based, and just for this reason it appears so beautiful. Anyway we are making sceneries to improve Europe, mine is an example :)

I think it's enough near to the reality.

I join the pleasure of Avirex flying in OpenLC_EU. Plus, I look forward to your Riviera, Maurizio (I have already bought a competitor´s LFMN to be well prepared...).

1 hour ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

a302d0d859548d3f0b44252717c260ae.jpg

9b083b7664f24283dd3b28afd21c0de4.jpg

I think it's enough closed to the reality.

What shocking views in comparison. Beautiful work Maurizio!

Voyager

On 11/03/2016 at 8:54 AM, petfy said:

In a post (too lazy to locate it) JV said that his current intention was to go south through Europe. So definite 1. Norway 2. Germany ... then possibly 3. Switzerland and 4. Italy.

Are you referring in this context to Country packs such as Norway FTX or improvements to OpenLC for EU

The EU landclass is good but I am hooked on FTX regions and rarely fly out of them

2 hours ago, aero-3fsx said:

Are you referring in this context to Country packs such as Norway FTX or improvements to OpenLC for EU

The EU landclass is good but I am hooked on FTX regions and rarely fly out of them

This is one of the posts you could refer to

According to the poll you mentioned, after Germany the next full fat region would be Italy and then France. Spain is also probable but with less votes (about 7%).

55 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Thanks for your comments :) Yes, Nice X goes well along this scenery, my airport is only slightly modified to adapt it to the photoreal but it is not the main purpose of the scenery, due to its coverage.

Unfortunately Aerosoft's Nice X is not updated for P3D v3.1; and since I uninstalled Migration Tool for some incompatibility with MilViz products, I've only to wait for this very update. Well, in the meantime we'll enjoy the next to come Innsbruck. And let's fly in Florence, with the brand new Peretola RFScenery. Unless Orbx will start to develope some medium airport in our beautiful Country, Maurizio.

Grazie mille Fulvio, i hadn't seen the scenery! I have not unfortunately so much time to browse the products panorama, seeing the screenshots it seems to be done very well, and the author is german, so a guarantee of quality (eh eh eh, but it's true!!!). I'll buy it, even because it's calibrated on global, so that's perfect!

Yes, i know that Nice X is not P3D ready, my hope is that after the cityscape they will do a rework to make it compatible also on that Platform, or who knows, a 2.0 version for Global by Orbx. I always stimulate our developers to make an airport for Italy.

9 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

According to the poll you mentioned, after Germany the next full fat region would be Italy and then France. Spain is also probable but with less votes (about 7%).

Thanks for the info. I assume new versions of Austria & Switzerland will be done by flugwerk. East Austria is already released with west coming perhaps this year. I guess I will have to wait till next year for Switzerland. I have Megascenery photoscenery of Switzerland which I picked up on half price sale so will make do. It does have the advantage I can see the tracks & roads I have actually travelled on but I do miss the autogen trees. 

Will Switzerland have the OpenLC improved as farm fields and buildings on almost vertical cliff faces is a let down for OrbX otherwise excellent scenery? See Alpstein around Säntis

2 hours ago, aero-3fsx said:

Thanks for the info. I assume new versions of Austria & Switzerland will be done by flugwerk. East Austria is already released with west coming perhaps this year. I guess I will have to wait till next year for Switzerland. I have Megascenery photoscenery of Switzerland which I picked up on half price sale so will make do. It does have the advantage I can see the tracks & roads I have actually travelled on but I do miss the autogen trees. 

Will Switzerland have the OpenLC improved as farm fields and buildings on almost vertical cliff faces is a let down for OrbX otherwise excellent scenery? See Alpstein around Säntis

Did you consider Aerosoft's Switzerland Professional? Quite pricey but.... look for yourself: "awesome video" link removed

Make sure to use HD and watch the credit roll as well

I have considered Swiss professional it and if I remember correctly it used to be for sale on the flugwerk website

That's why I thought Flugwerk might be making a more detailed Switzerland

Thanks for the info, I will look into this more on the weekend

Archived