“Bitchin’ Betty” Says Farewell

Bermuda425

22 hours ago, RJ said:

That I didn't know! Awesome! Loved it. :)

12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Very coo!!

So neat to see the face behind that iconic voice.

Thanks for sharing! :)

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great find, Bermuda. Now she goes into the "hard work".

9 hours ago, warren said:

What a great story. Thanks Bermuda.

8 hours ago, ramonb said:

What a nice Lady!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your kind words friends. It must have been an exciting and rewarding job she did there. Hard to find another job like that.

Great stuff.. I remember in another life, when I was in the Air Force, that we did some research into using women's voices in the various "bitching bettys" to see whether a woman's voice would cut through a man's thinking process T times of great stress or, conversly, low arousal.  The researchers even went to the lengths of testing whether actual wives or girlfriends voices would do it better.. The results were not conclusive on the using of relatives, but they certainly were on using female voices in times of danger or low arousal - so it became the norm to use female voices in warning systems in fighters (and attack/support military helicopters.

Kev

Reminds me of the GPS in my car.

Betty and I were driving home from Socorro one afternoon and decided to stop in Ruidoso for dinner so I didn't take the downtown bypass and instead drove into town.  The woman on the GPS kept telling me to turn left at the next intersection.  I told Betty she sounded like a nagging wife.

Noel 

On 10.3.2016 at 10:04 AM, Torchy821 said:

Great stuff.. I remember in another life, when I was in the Air Force, that we did some research into using women's voices in the various "bitching bettys" to see whether a woman's voice would cut through a man's thinking process T times of great stress or, conversly, low arousal.  The researchers even went to the lengths of testing whether actual wives or girlfriends voices would do it better.. The results were not conclusive on the using of relatives, but they certainly were on using female voices in times of danger or low arousal - so it became the norm to use female voices in warning systems in fighters (and attack/support military helicopters.

Kev

Not without reason has Boeing started such a widespread program. Great story, thanks Kev.

On 11.3.2016 at 3:36 AM, birdguy said:

Reminds me of the GPS in my car.

Betty and I were driving home from Socorro one afternoon and decided to stop in Ruidoso for dinner so I didn't take the downtown bypass and instead drove into town.  The woman on the GPS kept telling me to turn left at the next intersection.  I told Betty she sounded like a nagging wife.

Noel 

Nifty anecdote! Enjoyed it. The similarity is not to be negated.

Archived