Just to make sure...

Rimshot

Hi guys,

Below is a snapshot south of Augsburg, EDMA. Season is set to spring. Are these patches of winter normal? Is this a shortcoming of the P3D scenery engine? Or is there a flaw in my install. Thanks.

2016-3-5_12-53-9-55.jpg

On 5.03.2016 at 1:04 PM, Rimshot said:

Is this a shortcoming of the P3D scenery engine?

Looks like it, I remember reading about it in an older thread...

EDIT: Found it, look for Holger's reply within this one:

Tym

Hi there,

landclass textures aren't controlled by ObjectFlow but rather by a seasons control file, which in Europe would be the default global control file (our FTX Regions have custom control files). During the early spring months (March, April) there are some areas where hard-winter tiles are right next to spring tiles meaning what you're seeing is the intended behavior with the default control file.

Having said that if you used the seasons selection menu, inaccurate and confusing at it is, it would have set the current date to May 5th and, for central Europe, there shouldn't have been any winter textures in sight. Thus, I suspect you had a weather situation with some active snowfall, in which case the sim dynamically switches all landclass textures to the snow-covered winter variant, regardless of the local season.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks Tym and Holger

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Having said that if you used the seasons selection menu, inaccurate and confusing at it is, it would have set the current date to May 5th and, for central Europe, there shouldn't have been any winter textures in sight. Thus, I suspect you had a weather situation with some active snowfall, in which case the sim dynamically switches all landclass textures to the snow-covered winter variant, regardless of the local season.

If I set season to spring with the seasons selection menu the date is March 21st, not May 5th. The screenshot above is with the default 'fair weather' theme, which doesn't include any precipitation. I just tried the same settings just now and the patches of winter are still there... Can you reproduce this?

Anyhow, I'll change dates to get rid of the snowpatches. I'm mighty glad you guys fixed the seasons in your regions.

Archived