Return to Misty Moorings/Brad Allen Interview

ba43

Hello,

Just wanted to drop a note that Flightsim.com did an interview with me and published that today. It's about Return to Misty Moorings and how that all came about and what it's all about. I made sure to let the reader know that ORBX/FTX makes RTMM possible. Plain and simple. That's the canvas and RTMM wouldn't be here without the wonderful base scenery that FTX is all about. Thank you John, Holger and the entire ORBX family for all you do. Keep it going.

Here's the article:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?16416-Interview-Brad-Allen-Return-To-Misty-Moorings

Brad

Wonderful article Brad, thank you for sharing. I am rebuilding the sim with P3D V3 cant wait to getting around to reloading misty and all the amazing places in the article.

Brad, RTMM has contributed hugely to the advent of 'low and slow' flying. Congratulations on your interview. Well done and well deserved.

jsapair

This was an awesome read!!

I love the RTMM sceneries, they're some of the most fun and challenging strips if you have them installed!

Great stuff Brad, and the great people at RTMM!! :)

I spent years exploring Misty & Tongass fjords and now Pacific Fjords. For those who have not yet tried it, FTX Norway is also an incredible haven for bush flying. Unfortunately far fewer airports and seaplane bases but it has its own unique beauty and is different from Alaska. Technically its a later product and probably benefits from subtle improvements that make a significant difference to the realism. Almost every flight I now take both on the coast and inland seems better than the flight before. A spectacular location is inland from Bergen ENBR. One set of fjords is NE towards Mo and another is 50km east starting from Jondal. I just can't leave and get back to Misty at the moment

NB. flightsimnorway is Norways equivalent of Misty Moorings

What a wonderful dilemma that I face. I proudly own most of the FTX/ORBX products and have been a RTMM fan almost since it's inception. Between the two there is far more exciting world to explore in detail than I have time for in my life left to live. Simply amazing work from you and the group and as you know very much appreciated. Thanks for sharing this interview.

I've been a Misty Mooring fan since before RTMM.  With the old Misty Fjords and Tongass Fjords from FSAddon and Holger's freeware Glacier Bay.  Now, if only we could have a RTBFU (Return to Bush Flying Unlimited) with all their bush ai and repaints it would put the icing on the cake.

Noel

When Holger's Misty Fjords came out my sim experience changed forever. Before that, all from FS2 on C64 to FS9 with Georender airports seemed like a logical development - but Misty Fjords was a real step. And with that I landed at Misty Moorings. I'm forever grateful that RTMM came back from the ashes.

Archived