no planes at any airports taking off or parked

Pepperman

Since I am new to FTX and so excited about buying and installing global, vector and the 2 LC packages, when I was flying around and testing, I did not notice that at all the airports in canada USA and Europe that there are no planes at any airports. They used to have planes that taxied and took off as I flew around any large airport…but they are gone. No planes anywhere.

What happened? Before I installed FTX products I would fly around Atlanta and after a few minutes, planes would taxi and take off. All major and even small aiports had planes on the ground.

Any ideas? How do I get the planes back?

Please help.

Hi Pepperman   I don`t really know enough to give a proper answer to your question but check that you have A1 traffic ticked in FTX and FSX .  But if you like air traffic ORBX have 

"Freeware A1 traffic"  which you can download for free 

Gollum 

I assume you are using the default FSX traffic? If so, here are a couple of things to check.

1) Check in your FSX settings that your AI traffic sliders are not set to 0%

2) Check in your FSX\scenery\World\Scenery folder that your TrafficAircraft.bgl is still there and not set to off.

If you have installed any other addon sceneries which include traffic or traffic packs (not from ORBX) you need to be sure that these are not in FS9 format, otherwise no traffic will show in FSX. If this may be the case, I suggest to download and install the excellent AI Flight Planner programme, which includes an option to scan for FS9 traffic files and convert them for FSX.

Cheers

Jack

OK thanks for your response. Where do I tick A1 traffic in FTX? It is checked in FSX for sure, I looked at iot several times. The air traffic worked fine, (was using Traffic X) before I installed Orbx stuff and after Orbx all traffic vanished, no planes on ground or in air. Should I re install Traffic X, I uninstalled it, but even fsx does not generate traffic.

Thanks

Check for your TrafficAircraft.bgl then as in point 2 of my post above. It's possible that Traffic X switches this to off on installation, and maybe when you uninstalled it it hasn't switched it back on again (I don't have Traffic X so don't know for sure).

Jack

Thank you so much. It works. I have traffic now. I guess since I un installed trafficX then the traffic generated is from the sim fsx itself. Now i feel a little nervous about installing even Orbx traffic app. Should I? If I do, does Orbx traffic affect non Orbx airports? Would the traffic at those airports still work?

Thanks again.

If you install the ORBX traffic, your other traffic will still work fine.

Note there are two ORBX traffic packs, one for Australia and New Zealand, the other for PNW. The Aus/NZ packs also includes all commercial traffic flying to and from Aus/NZ, while the US pack only includes GA traffic, flying mostly to destinations within the ORBX regions, primarily the PNW region as I recall. When you install them, the control panel gives you the option of whether or not to keep the default traffic active as well.

Cheers

Jack

Thanks that is good to know. I will consider installing those packs. Can you possibly help me with another issue…the one of those 2 building parts flying above Toronto. Please see the previous post of mine with the screenshot of the building parts. How can I get rid of those. I am a bit upset since I am new to this and keep running into problems. First it was the houses without walls, then the black bridges, then the lack of traffic, and now flying building parts. I feel like…what next? Makes me think I may not buy anymore add ons if this flight sim doesn't stop having issues. Is this what it is like for all simmers out there?

Please help or put me on to someone who can if you can't help me with this new issue.

Thanks again for the help re: traffic.

Peter.

Flying buildings is one of the common bugs in FSX, you can see this frequently, and it will usually sort itself out if you go to the menu and choose scenery library and simply reload.

Having said that, this maybe does not look like that bug.

Traffic programmes like Traffic X and the other commercial programmes tend to place AFCADS or AFDs into either their own folders within the sim, or into the addon scenery folder - these AFCADs are what places parking spots etc for the AI traffic. Often when you uninstall such a programme there will still be bits left over, and so you may still have a rogue file for CYYZ which is generating those buildings. Open up your FSX root folder and do a Windows search for CYYZ and see if it reveals any files for CYYZ that should not be there.

In order to avoid too many headaches with your sim, may I suggest that you get to know how to use the search function on the forums and, before you install anything new, search for it - you'll often find a mine of useful information which can help you avoid problems before they begin.

Golden rules with ORBX products:

1) Disable your anti-virus before installing anything

2) Always install as an administrator

3) Run the latest ORBX libs after you install anything

These three points alone will save a lot of headaches.

Jack

Jack

Thank you so much for your help and understanding. I really appreciate it and I will do what you have suggested. Ill let you know if I did get rid of those buildings. I won't abandon flight simming yet…and I still want to get 4 regions from Orbx.

Pete.

1 hour ago, Holy Cheese said:

Golden rules with ORBX products:

1) Disable your anti-virus before installing anything

2) Always install as an administrator

3) Run the latest ORBX libs after you install anything

These three points alone will save a lot of headaches.

4) Run the auto configurator in Vector's AEC tab after installing or uninstalling scenery.

5) Run FTX Central and click activate region after installing anything.

Thanks a lot. I run to my computer every morning to fly and enjoy the scenery offered by Orbx. I just love it despite the sim problems I have been having. I hate to do this but…I have traffic now at airports around the globe (excellent) but especially Canada US and Australia, but, I still do not have planes on the ground or in the air around Toronto's Pearson airport. I had add on scenery for that airport and removed it because I did not like how the edges of the airport looked (sort of photo real but not). But since I removed the scenery I get no planes at the default scenery for that airport I don't know what to do. I have downloaded Orbx traffic files but have not installed them yet. How do I fix the non traffic at Pearson?

Thanks for your help.

Ok I just bought HD trees from Orbx and cannot install because it says you may have inserted the wrong disc….WHAT??? I have no discs to insert. What is it talking about. I have had nothing but grief with this sim thing and will through this whole PC out the window soon.

Please help ……!!!!!!!!

Hi Bruce

So if I don't have an ORBX region and only have Global base and Global vector along with both Landclasses, then the traffic files won't work? Is that why after I installed the Orbx traffic file, the fsx file was set to no and I did not even see planes at any airport in NA or Europe? So it only works say if I purchase NA Northern California Region?

How do I delete the Orbx traffic install files? There does not seem to be a control panel for Traffic

Also no matter if I have only fsx traffic  I still have Pearson airport devoid of planes!!! Why? With or without add on scenery at Pearson…there are still no planes. What can I do about that?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Pete.

Hi Bruce

I am still trying to resolve the lack of planes…no planes at CYYZ. I looked up some add on scenery and may try that to see if it would help. Here is a line of text that was in the installation instructions for the add on scenery:

please make sure they have "NOT" installed an Afcad for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.

Can you explain to me what it means and what I should look for and what is an "Afcad" file and where would it be?

How can I get planes back at Pearson.

Thanks.

Hi Bruce

How do I delete the Orbx traffic install files? There does not seem to be a control panel for Traffic

Also no matter if I have only fsx traffic, I still have Pearson airport devoid of planes!!! Why? With or without add on scenery at Pearson…there are still no planes. What can I do about that?

Pete.

Archived