FTX Global Sunken Airports Help Please

Vasily

Hello All;

A few days ago have a purchased an Alabeo Twin D42 to do some sight seeing over the US. So, i went to and from the following airports: KLGF-BBCH-KHII-KIFP-KBVU-1Z1-KPGA the scenery is pretty nice with the views of the mountains and rivers. The only problem is that all of those airports are sunken into the ground. I have ran the Vector Auto Config many times, but doesn't seem to work. 

Does anyone know of any solution?

Thank you very much. 

Hello,

I haven't visited them all, I don't seem to have BBCH or KBVU.

The most "sunken" seems to be KPGA and I think this is because in the

real world, the airport is not flat, as all default FSX airports are.

Perhaps you can post a screenshot, in case I am not seeing what you see.

That is indeed because the airports in the simulator are flat but in the real world,

they are not.

Default FSX airports often show these anomalies which is why people come here

and purchase regions.

A huge amount of work goes into correcting all the airports in a region and as much

into creating the addon airports and airfields.

I think so, I didn't see anything I would not have expected at any of the airports

you listed.

As I said above, it isn't possible to have flat airports in places where the real

world airport has a significant slope without there being spurious cliffs created.

• 6 months later...

Hi, This is a new problem for me in that I flew into KABQ a couple of days ago and now its just a runways with canyons on all sides. I ran the vector configuration tool and no help. Running the configuration tool is what did it in the first place. Also my add on airport KDEN by flight Beam Studios is now elevated. This didn't happen with Global Base but when I got North America it appeared. Could it be something in my scenery file (pic attached) also a pic of KABQ. Thanks

Many times the AEC tool will "enable" airports that actually need to be "disabled". Try manually moving the particular airport.

In the AEC tool page of the configurator enter the icao, e.g.KABQ into the "AEC is Enabled For" side of the tool and see if KABQ shows up then highlight it and click on the Disable arrows option.

I also have Flightbeam's KDEN and AEC puts this as Enabled. You need to do what I said above and move it to Disabled. Don't forget that Flightbeam also have an additional FTX Global compatible set of ground textures you can install if you so wish. Check their website for the file.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived