Andrew Pharoah-KPSP floating buildings

ampharoah

Hello

I would welcome some advice please. I have FSX Acc on Win 7, Global Base, Vector, OpenLC Europe, & NA/Alaska/Canada along with most Orbex airports.

I'm trying to runPalm Springs KPSP, which has been running fine in the past, but I'm now suddenly getting strange behaviour, where all the buildings and vehicles etc are suspended above ground with some strange vertical wall graphics beneath, down to aircraft level. In FTX Central I have set FTX Global active (hybrid mode off) as Palm Springs is an FTX Global airport. I have FTX-AA-KPSP selected in my scenery library and am seeing the correct scenery, it's just floating above ground as described above. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please?

thanks in anticipation

Andrew 

Thanks for pointing out my error guys. Sorry, I don't post in the Forum often due to the fact that ORBX products are normally so reliably 'plug and play' - except if you are trying to run with Scenery Configure Editor, with which ORBX doesn't play nicely at all. Can't see a way to change the title to cover up my embarrassment or delete the thread even.

Stewart, I'm running good old FSX - would love to change to P3D but can't summon the courage or funds to risk the significant project required to migrate a BIG library of purchases that I've painstakingly built up and somehow got working over the past 3 years - OOM frustrations and all. 

Anyway back on topic, hope my problem is just down to Southern California incompatibility. I'm not seeing the Sam issue anywhere else thank goodness.

Andrew

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Andrew Pharoah-KPSP floating buildings
1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

In my experience SCE messes up the scenery.cfg. I used to think it was a good thing but I gave up on it. Sorry, I can't give you specifics but I do remember it having 'issues'.

If it comes back to me I'll come back.

If Josh(Freebird) happens by, he may be able to shed some light on it. We both had the same problem, same time.

Archived