Hello!

I have got problems with the new Arlanda scenery.

There are no terminal buildings, and the lights are strange, see the attached picture.

I believe that the problem with the lights is related to DX10, when changing to DX9 the lights appear normal. I am using DX10 fixer, and it works perfectly with my other airports, but not with ORBX Arlanda.

I have no idea why the buildings won't show up. I am using the FSX Steam verision, can this be the problem?

-Anders-

image1.JPG

Hi Anders,

The issue is most likely related to Objectflow not functioning correctly. 

Firstly, do you have the latest Orbxlibs installed after you installed Arlanda? If not, please install them and report back.

If yes, please check your dll.xml entry for the objectflow.dll. It should look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>YOURFSXPATH\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Replace YOURFSXPATH above with your path eg. C:\Program Files\FSX

The dll.xml can be found under C:\Users\Your user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

For further info, see this thread: 

Hey again.

Thanks for your answers!

I did like you said, regarding the dll.xml file, but the buildings still does not show up. 

I checked the lights in night time and there were lights, but still black boxes and triangles around them. The road lights worked brilliant though!

Ok, can you please try to download the "orbxlibs" again and try to reinstall it? For some reason the sim is not communicating with the Objectflow dll.

Regarding the runway lights, it seems like the DX10 Fix is having troubles with the material transparency. I'm gonna see if we can find a answer to that one, I'll get back to you in a day or two on that issue to see if something can be done. Hope you can fly in Dx9 on Arlanda until then!

• Nick Cooper changed the title to ORBX Arlanda problem
39 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg SE said:

Ok, can you please try to download the "orbxlibs" again and try to reinstall it? For some reason the sim is not communicating with the Objectflow dll.

Regarding the runway lights, it seems like the DX10 Fix is having troubles with the material transparency. I'm gonna see if we can find a answer to that one, I'll get back to you in a day or two on that issue to see if something can be done. Hope you can fly in Dx9 on Arlanda until then!

Alright, the new orbxlibs were installed but still no buildings. :huh:

I dont mind flying in DX9, so its ok. 

Thanks for the help anyway.

I spoke to one of our beta testers that is using the DX10 Fix as well and he has no problems so it should at least be compatible with that fix. We'll continue digging in the matter.

Really weird with the no-building issue, I'll speak to some other members of the team to see if they know how to troubleshoot that if the dll is correct and it is installed.

Do you have other Orbx-airports installed?

Hi,

I too have the problem with no buildings showing up. I have the latest orbxlib and checked my dll.xml dated 2016-02-02 after install and reboot. In my dll.xml there is no launch.addon for objectflow at all, so it seems orbxlib have problems installing the dll.xml. I checked the library settings and they are ok.

I have all free airports from Orbx and also EGHI. No problems there.

I unchecked the statics but still there are static airplanes double-parked with AI.

My installs from Orbx are FTX Global, FTX Vector and EU landclass.

My rig: FSX-SE , Graphics - Asus Strix GTX970. Case - Be Quiet silent base 800. PSU - Evga Supernova G2 750W. CPU - Intel i7 4790K. Motherboard - Asus Z97-A ATX. RAM - Corsair DDR3 16 Gb. Harddiscs - 1 x SSD Samsung 257 GB 850 Pro. 2 x SSD 500Gb Samsung 840 Evo. Sound - Logitech Z906 optic 5.1. Monitor - Asus 24" 144 Mhz. OS - Windows 10

Cheers,

Jan

21 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg SE said:

I spoke to one of our beta testers that is using the DX10 Fix as well and he has no problems so it should at least be compatible with that fix. We'll continue digging in the matter.

Really weird with the no-building issue, I'll speak to some other members of the team to see if they know how to troubleshoot that if the dll is correct and it is installed.

Do you have other Orbx-airports installed?

Nope..

Hi Jan, have you tried adding the Launch.Addon as per post #2 above?

Please be assured that the issues with FSX-SE are getting our full attention at the moment, we'll try and have a fix for you as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, maybe you guys could try this:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98755-objectflow-offline-updater/

15 minutes ago, Philip Schall said:

Hi Jan, have you tried adding the Launch.Addon as per post #2 above?

Please be assured that the issues with FSX-SE are getting our full attention at the moment, we'll try and have a fix for you as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, maybe you guys could try this:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98755-objectflow-offline-updater/

The installer said all modules was up do date... 

Hi again,

YES! It's working. The buildings are in place :).

I tried to update orbxlib offline but got info that no update was needed.

I also pasted the objectflow xml from your post into dll.xml but still no buildings.

Like this:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>e:\Steam\steamapps\common\fsx\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

And I think I know what the problem is:

There are two folders in  C:\Users\Your user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX if you have FSX-SE.

The updater is updating folder FSX-SE where the objectflow.dll is added in dll.xml as a launch.

But the game is looking in folder FSX where you also have a dll.xml, and it's not updated.

Regards,

Jan

I wonder if this problem is being caused by the use of the FSX Steam Edition installer

when only FSX Steam is installed?

The correct installer version in this case is the FSX one, otherwise the updates to the external folders

are placed in an FSX-SE folder.

If FSX Steam is the only version installed, it will look for FSX folders which have not been updated.

It works! The buildings at Arlanda are there, what a great scenery!

But I still have problems with the black triangles at the runway lights when running in DX10, so I have to use DX9 instead. I hope you will solve this problem soon.

I read the other forums and realized that the problem was because I have changed from the boxed FSX version to the Steam version a couple of months ago.

Just to uninstall the boxed version is not enough, there will still be a lot of FSX registry files left. You have to remove all the old FSX files before installing the Steam version, otherwise ORBX will not install correctly.

So I did this the hard way, I uninstalled FSX-SE and then removed all the remaining FSX files from the previous installed boxed version. After that I reinstalled FSX-SE, ORBX and the Arlanda scenery and -voila- the terminal buildings were there!

-Anders-

Hey Anders, thank you very much for describing how you solved the issue, that will make it easier for us to solve similar problems others might experience. Thanks! The Dx10 error doesn't seem to be able for us to replicate as it works for our testers with the similar setup but we might have an idea that might solve it for you, I'll send you a file tomorrow.

Hey again,

Might have been a bit rushed thinking I had a solution. There was a way of changing material settings that we found that could work to solve rare Dx10 fix-issues, however now when I was going to set them it turned out they were already set.

So as it seems now the other users we know that use DX10 preview & fix are running the scenery just fine and the solution we could think of was already implemented, I'll see if I can find some other members in the team that might have an idea what to do. I'll get back to you.

I think that there is nothing wrong with the installer.

If FSX Steam Edition is the only simulator installed, its file structure and registry entries are

exactly the same as those of FSX.

If the FSX choice is selected in the installer, the files will be written to the external FSX folders.

I think that many users are installing using the FSX Steam Edition installer, which writes instead

to folders named FSX-SE.

The FSX Steam Edition installer is for when both versions are installed.

Ok, don't know if this is normal, but I had only 1 installer option when I installed FTX Global on a single FSX steam rig. 

But if there are normally 2 installer options, a suggestion would be that these options be named something like: 1) single FSX boxed or FSX steam installation, and 2) both FSX boxed and FSX steam installation 

This is because currently we have to use the FSX option on a FSX steam rig, instead of using the FSX steam option.

I guess a bit confusing :)

Hi again,

YES! It's working. The buildings are in place :).

I tried to update orbxlib offline but got info that no update was needed.

I also pasted the objectflow xml from your post into dll.xml but still no buildings.

Like this:

ObjectFlow.dll
    False
    False
    e:\Steam\steamapps\common\fsx\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll

And I think I know what the problem is:

There are two folders in  C:\Users\Your user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX if you have FSX-SE.

The updater is updating folder FSX-SE where the objectflow.dll is added in dll.xml as a launch.

But the game is looking in folder FSX where you also have a dll.xml, and it's not updated.

Regards,

Jan

Best advice I can offer for problems of this nature is to only have FSX:SE installed on a single PC. There is no logic (or need) to have Boxed version as well. I have every known Addon I have collected over 8 plus years running in SE. Therefore having the Boxed version only leads to install issues and is a total waste of disk space. Just my opinion and would be willing to hear back if this advice is not exactly correct.

Cheers Anton. (via Tapatalk)

Hello Anton,

Yes, I would agree, one version whether FSX or FSX-SE is enough.

I have chosen to stay with FSX however.

As I said above, if either of them is the only FSX version on the PC

and there is no trace at all of the other,

the file structure and 99.9% of the files are identical.

13 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

With only boxed or Steam Edition installed:

2.jpg.0012415dcc3c9210b2028109d96bd114.j

Yes, that's exactly what I was meaning:

I have only FSX Steam installed, and the installer as above showed me only the FSX option. So I had only 1 option.

But the installer for FTX Global, at the end of the installation, did create a FSX-SE folder, and a dll.xml file into it, and did not update the dll.xml file which is in the correct folder: FSX.

That's why I raised the point

On 2016-02-06 at 6:00 PM, Ceram said:

Hi,

To make it clear: I have never had the boxed version of FSX installed on this computer. Still there are FSX and FSX-SE folders in the microsoft folder. And the interesting thing is that earlier purchased airports like EGHI and KPSP never gave me a problem. Why should ESSA?

Regards,

Jan

7 hours ago, Ceram said:
On 6/2/2016 at 2:00 PM, Ceram said:
On 2016-02-06 at 6:00 PM, Ceram said:  

Hi,

To make it clear: I have never had the boxed version of FSX installed on this computer. Still there are FSX and FSX-SE folders in the microsoft folder. And the interesting thing is that earlier purchased airports like EGHI and KPSP never gave me a problem. Why should ESSA?

Regards,

Jan

It happened to me once. I had SE installed and removed it completely.. Well almost.

I forgot to delete one FSX folder under ProgramData/microsoft. So later when i wanted to install the sim, the steam installer taked this as i had another FSX version (Boxed) and installed FSX as the SE, with the folders called FSX-SE.

For reference, here is the result of a registry search for "dovetail" on my rig:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX folder, that contains 2 keys:

Exe_path  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Install_path  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Thank you and also for bringing our attention to this.

Indeed a small issue has been identified.

It relates only to the FSX Steam Edition, properly installed on its own and FTX Central.

There are two solutions.

The first is to update the libraries using the full version that is to

be found on the support page.

The second is to download the attached batch file, place it in ORBX\scripts

and run it.

Work is in progress to alleviate this error.

ModuleInstaller.bat

Archived