Cars on roads

Pepperman

I'm new to both FTX and this Forum.

Can anyone tell me if I do purchase products from FTX OrbX and install them, will there still be vehicles driving on the roads and highways in the simulator?

Thanks for your responses.

Pepperman.

Road vehicles will still work.

Also there is a patch around here somewhere that will slow them down to a more realistic looking speed. By default hey look as if they are all doing 100+ MPH

Thanks for your fast reply. That's great. I assume the vehicles will be driving on top the vector roads that Global vector will provide. Correct? I can't wait to get going in this Orbx world. Do people refer to the company as FTX or OrbX….i'm a bit confused.

How do FTX roadways show traffic…in 2 directions like in real life? Should I install UTX for the roadways and proper traffic? If I do, then what happens to the vector from Orbx does it still display rivers and shorelines or is it a either or scenerio, either FTX vector and live with one way traffic or use UTX?  Should I then not purchase Orbx vector and can I just use UTX? I hate to use another company's product if I am going to buy Orbx for everything else.

I don't know what you mean by FTX roadways in the FTX Regions.

Please explain. I'm kinda confused.

Actually FTX regions 2 land roadways are two separate roadways placed side by side so two way traffic is possible.  VECTOR by PILOTS does not go to that much detail, instead they make one roadway that is two lanes but traffic can only go one way on one road.

What is FTX regions 2 and what is VECTOR by PILOTS?  I was under the assumption that if I buy global base and global vector then the whole world would have better roads and shores and such and better textures. Would not the roads all over the world have 2 way traffic?

Please help.

18 hours ago, Pepperman said:

What is FTX regions 2 and what is VECTOR by PILOTS?  I was under the assumption that if I buy global base and global vector then the whole world would have better roads and shores and such and better textures. Would not the roads all over the world have 2 way traffic?

Please help.

Sorry, I made a typo, it should read "FTX regions 2 LANE roadways are......."

And as Sue so delicately put it the Definitive Guide is a MUST read if you want to understand FTX scenery.  To see the guide start FTX Central v2 and look at the bottom lefthand corner and click on "ORBX GUIDE".

Please help

I am trying for the first time to install the Global base and I get a message to find disc 1. I do not have any discs but do have a folder with the Global base installer and 9 files each ending in 40.2  40.3  40.4 and so on up to 40.10. Is this last one 40.10 the one it is asking for?

Now I have been successful at buying and installing base and vector and both OpenLC files. All was working well untill this morning I flew out of KSAN and noticed that certain buildings have no walls! The same buildings or rather the same colour and type of roofs have no walls no matter whether I fly in the US, Europe, Africa in areas with or without custom scenery. Happens everywhere…the same sort of wall is missing. Should I re install FSX Steam? If I do, do I need to re download the ORBX stuff or just re install what I have already downloaded?

I was excited about Orbx now that this happened, Im not so excited!!! Could it be a Orbx file? or is it an FSX file that is messed up?

This ever happen to anyone else and what to do?

Yes I have and still the problem persists. I even built a new CFG file and I got the latest video card drivers and still. The problem happens all over the world so I disabled all the ORBx files in custom scenery and it still happens in africa where the only things installed are Base and Vector. How do I disable base and vector?

Archived