Azores Landclass

dave302

Depends on how you come to that definition.

Geological they are basically everything being situated at the border of the african, eurasian and northamerican continental plate.

Govermental they are portuguese. So I'd say they could very well be considered part of Europe.

I was going to post the same result.Azores islands aren't included in th openLc Europe pack.And they belong to Europe.Hope a patch will correct the miss because at this time the representation is unrealistic...lack of a good landclass

16 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

Wrong, they belong to Africa even if they are politically linked to Europe. The Falklands belong to UK but are missing in FTX England

Hi Richard.  I don't wish to make a big deal out of this and don't plan to bring this issue up again, but I must say that I don't agree with you at all.

The Azores, geographically, are in the North Atlantic and are closer to Europe than any other continent. When one also considers that they are politically part of Europe as well, then it makes sense that they should be included in openLC Europe.

If you still don't agree, then pray tell which openLC scenery would you include them in?

Thanks.

Dave

There's little doubt that the Azores islands which are at the Sevilla or Athens latitude, around the 37°,  and almost at the Reykjavik longitude (a little to the west but not much) geographically belong to Europe !  Not to confuse the Azores with the Canary islands !  They were forgotten and nobody saw it before  ! No simmers in the Azores ?  

In the meantime, we still have millions of km2 to explore in OpenLC EU ;) !

Where Islands are geographically located and what ever political persuasion they may have precludes the fact that were talking about a flight sim Land Class Area.  Just so much area can be economically included in a package I'm pretty sure.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, Captain Lars said:

Small islands and outlying areas tend to be forgotten to easily.

The Azores are the only example I know. Being so far offshore, they were forgotten, I think.  On the other hand, countries which are not in the EU (Russia, Serbia, Ukraine and Turkey) and, for Turkey, even very marginally in geographic Europe  are in the product.

I mentioned this because in Cloud9's XClass, which is none of Orbx's fault, the Azores and Easter Island (the ones I visited) were "forgotten". They stated that for some islands they had only "urban data" or something, i. e., placed urban terrain where it belongs instead of a full landclass, though in the sim, I haven't seen any spot of urban terrain neither on Easter Island nor on the Azores.

In Orbx's openLC EU Svalbard was forgotten, but they said this is due to missing data. The effect is that I have some spots with a really fertile agriculture on that archipelago - I haven't tested if it's from XClass or from FSX / P3D.

Do you know what happened to Madeira? I haven't tested it yet. The Canary Islands are not included in openLC EU. I'd appreciate seeing them in a kind of holiday special instead of waiting until the Africa release (2017/18?).

The reason I buy Orbx Global products is that they state they are global - which is exactly what I want.

Archived