Loving ENNO...

Triplane

Hi there Sue. Notodden has a very long runway, but also has a public car road running across the middle of it! Since they have mostly small general aviation traffic coming in, they only need half the runway most of the time. Only at a few times per day, they close the road and use the full length of runway for departing and arriving beechcraft b200's

This is what Finni said about in Preview Screenshot thread :

"There is a public road crossing the runway, with constant car traffic on it. They use the "small" part of the runway during most of the day (suitable for cessnas and pipers etc) but then stop the car traffic and use the entire runway length when the charter airlines depart or land with their kingair b200!"

Looks great, but I can't get it to show airport and city buildings other than generic stuff. Bridges are missing too. I'll have another go tomorrow...

I'm looking at the waterfront of ENNO every morning. Can't wait to take off from a Hi-fi version.

PS. The road crossing the runway is the shortest route between Notodden and Bø, Telemark.

Well I got round to trying it, and I love it!

Since FTX NOR I often flew from Notodden anyway, and the transformation is remarkable.  The airport itself is gorgeous, and the waterfront part of the town looks so real, e.g. the old power station.  I do like the choice of location - it's a good base to visit the coast area towns, or (my own preference) to go north to the beautiful wilderness that is the Hardangervidda.

Good stuff Finni!  Keep going!

Hi there Aviator1979

In real life, the full runway is open only a few minutes, while the Beechraft takes off or lands. But I've decided that in the sim i wanted to make it more noticeable, therefore you will not find anything on this in the charts..

It says on the product page and in the manual though:

"

• Switchable runway length depending on time of day (07.00-08.00, 10.00-11.00, 13.00-14.00 and 18.00-19.00)

"

Hope you like it!

Finn

Just now, Finni Hansen said:

Cool! Please post a link when it's up!  :  )

Finn

Sure thing, I'm amaze by the work inside the airport building, I had to show some of it.

Nice internet cafe, ha ha ha

Ben

Ben, what I would like to see (which I feel would visually sell ENNO more so than a screen shot) would be the people flow of the B200 loading, the road/traffic closed/open, the frosting of windows in the winter compared to warmer months and the various spots where you see random flows depending on the different times as mentioned in on the product page. Things like that.  It seems this addon has many fatures that screenshots just cant do well compared to a video.

Awesome videos Benny!  You're very skilled at making FS videos!

If you would make another one, maybe showcasing some of the things that Kilstorm mentioned as well as some shots of the Winter apron, animated Train and the switch from "small" to "full" runway, I could add a link to your video in the ENNO Product page! Remember to state Your nick in the credits, though : ))

- Finn

Sure but when are those event are occurring? Time? Action. I get it for winter but I never saw the train move? 

Not seen passenger loading.

I will have a closer look.

And in my case, in the main hangar when the guys are working, the airplane wheel are sunk into the ground.

Ben

Obviously, people aren't reading the product page, nor the manual .. That's why I'd like you to highlight it in your videos!

From the product page:

• Switchable runway length depending on time of day (07.00-08.00, 10.00-11.00, 13.00-14.00 and 18.00-19.00)

• Simulated boarding of a Beechcraft B200 chartered plane during same hours of day

• Custom animated windsock (p3d only)

• Animated car traffic across runway and on parking lot

• Animated Norwegian regional train

The boarding and the runway extension happens at the same time. The B200 is placed right in front of the terminal, and the animated cars across the runway will stop before the gates. 

The train leaves from the train station in the middle of the city, and travels out to a stop in the woods every few minutes

Thanks, 

Finn :)

1 minute ago, Finni Hansen said:

Obviously, people aren't reading the product page, nor the manual .. That's why I'd like you to highlight it in your videos!

From the product page:

• Simulated boarding of a Beechcraft B200 chartered plane during same hours of day

• Custom animated windsock (p3d only)

• Animated car traffic across runway and on parking lot

• Animated Norwegian regional train

The boarding and the runway extension happens at the same time. The B200 is placed right in front of the terminal, and the animated cars across the runway will stop before the gates. 

The train leaves from the train station in the middle of the city, and travels out to a stop in the woods every few minutes

Thanks, 

Finn :)

I'm on FSX,  ok, let me have fun with that.

Ben

5 minutes ago, Finni Hansen said:

Looking forward to it!  : D

How do you make those nice flyovers at the beginning of the video?

EZDOK camera view.

Hey Finni, why are the plane wheel in the hangar sunk into the ground?

Ben

3 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

Ben, what I would like to see (which I feel would visually sell ENNO more so than a screen shot) would be the people flow of the B200 loading, the road/traffic closed/open, the frosting of windows in the winter compared to warmer months and the various spots where you see random flows depending on the different times as mentioned in on the product page. Things like that.  It seems this addon has many fatures that screenshots just cant do well compared to a video.

Hi, it's hard to please people with a video, I try my best. What you are asking I got it and will do something with it. Most of all at least but for me, they are gadget and not a big thing if you fly in or around and airport or scenery. As much as developer are spending a crazy amount of time (I'm sure) like doing the inside of a building it's not relevant for 99% of the buyer. Season stuff I understand but seeing the window frosted... not a must for me. Airplane boarding nice but we have seen that before and they don't really board, they are standing beside the plane. Runway will not close slowly, it happen fast and it's not an animation. 

What people should care about a scenery is a good representation of it and it's surrounding, season change is interesting also, good FPS, NO OOM,  the small stuff, so many few will see it and for how long, 30 seconds.

ORBX should be careful about spending to much time in the details that many won't care about for long or will not even ever see.

Mechanic working inside a hangar is cute, but most people won't even see them.

Runway detail is for me a must, good lighting also. Runway surrounding and details  is what most people will see not a mechanic working on an airplane inside a hangar.

Crazy clear detail airport sign, internet cafe, inside tower view, women waiting beside a car waving, super detailed fuel reserve tank.... I'm just questioning those.

This is my humble opinion.

As a video maker I appreciate those detail but the normal guy who buy a scenery , NO! And if those are taking VAS or memory. ORBX should review it's standard.

I will not buy a scenery for this reason, at all.

Regards, Ben

Hey again, Benny.

I think your videos are awesome, and easily watched the entire length of it! 

It shows off the whole of the scenery very well, but as me and Kilstorm mentioned, many of the key features of this airfield are not highlighted. I do get why, if you are only, as you say, interested in the big picture. After all, it's your video!

I also have to disagree with you, though. I've always felt that ORBX are all about the small details! Ever since I saw those small strips out in the woods, with mechanics workin on their Cessna's, surrounded by HD runway textures and foliage, I've known that ORBX always make ULTRA-detailed renditions of their airfields. 

Now with P3D v3 just arrived, people will start walking around in Avatar mode and take things into closer look. Despite what you may feel, I'm sure that more than 1% of simmers like that extra touch orbx add to the scenery with their flows and other gimmicks - Just look at the constant threads about interior modelling vs no interior, as well as people's excitement about the animated train I've put in..

On the other side: I hope you at least got what you wanted in this airport: Detailed runway, good lighting, entire nearby city modeled and GOOD FPS - Because that was my #1 priority, and that is where I've spent most my time developing  : )

- Finn Kristoffer

There are, for the most part, two main ways of experiencing flight simulation; process and exploration. If one is focused on the process of flying, then runway details, lighting, and key VFR landmarks are going to be of paramount importance, as they are fundamental to the accurate simulation of the process of flying. Whereas when one is focused on exploration then the little details that one comes across can become the highlight of the experience. (I love that train Finni)

While there are perhaps some people who are 100% one way or the other, I think most people fall on a continuum between those two extremes. Personally, I feel like I move back and forth depending on my mood. Sometimes I want to focus on the process, and sometimes I just want to explore.

When I spend the money I do on scenery its because I want the details, I want the little things that make that airport different from both other airports and other addons.  Now with Avatar mode, I totally explore the field and save my flights in Avatar mode as so when I go to fly again, I walk back to the plane and have a good look at the field so when its time to taxi out I know what to expect from the surrounding planes and such.  

I've also learned that there are many different types of simmers with their likes all over the place and would never try to say what the average or most popular user likes or does in simming.  Thats whats so great about addons with control panels that allow one to customize their experience to their tastes and computer needs.

However, the idea of buying addon scenery with the statement of most users dont care for that kind of detail, would be like saying most buyers of PMDG buy them with the desire to just Ctrl E the startup to me.

11 hours ago, Finni Hansen said:

On the other side: I hope you at least got what you wanted in this airport: Detailed runway, good lighting, entire nearby city modeled and GOOD FPS - Because that was my #1 priority, and that is where I've spent most my time developing  : )

- Finn Kristoffer

IT'S fantastic period, some detail like the group of caravan in the summer and the little house in the winter.  I can see the work involve trust me.

The barely frozen water edge..... wow Runway edge with snow...

With some ORBX product I ask my self a lot of time if I should buy it, yours, none, I jumped on it. When I get a simple runway and nothing else for me it's a no no.

Rarely in my video you will see winter season, why, I live in winter land... and I hate it. On top when I fly for real it's boring to look at white only.

I like autumn/fall and summer.  By the way I had a hard time finding that train, ha ha ha. I was hovering at the station, saw it go in the tunnel but didn't catch that it will end up on the other side, ha ha ha.

And the people waiting to board the plane where complaining about the lack of winter coat, ha ha ha.

Come on ORBX, give us some winter people flow

Ben

Glad you like it, Benny : )

I think many developers take shortcuts and don't do the airport justice. The runway at notodden is very special in regards to markings etc, and not making it like IRL would be a pity. It's all in the small details, and this is what I want to show off! 

I will sure make some winter clothes for our peopleflow on my next airport, hah!

Finn

I quickly became a fan of flying Norway, (and Iceland), even in the early days of default FSX only. Back then the default landclass and mesh, and even the early addon LC and meshes available were terrible because of the available data in many areas, I guess. Visual anomalies like ponds and lakes sitting on top of low volcanoes in too many places, sloped terrain displayed as sheer vertical cliffs, and the like. Although I fly NA most of the time I think my anticipation of the Norway Region Pack was greater than for any other before or since, and I have them all. Especially along the northern landscape from ENKR and following the coastline moving west, and out to a few of those isolated islands. I enjoy it as much as I do flying the more isolated areas of PFJ, Tongass, and SAK but without those pesky mountains to worry about hitting.:lol: The landscape in places is like an alien planet and I find the more desolate areas very interesting and relaxing  to fly, (until the weather turns nasty), as I hop from 1 airport to the next. Perfect for an afternoon of listening to Grieg or Sibelius, sipping bourbon or vodka, and contemplation.

2016-2-3_10-28-51-464.jpg

Done, mostly for you and Fin.

As I of course do that for fun, it's my last version of ENNO.

And it won't be online before tomorrow, i can't upload from home, connection is to expensive (CELL - LTE).

But I think you will all like it

Ben

51 minutes ago, Finni Hansen said:

Ben, I love it!!

If you want, I'll put a link to it in the Product page??

- Finn

No problem and thanks. It's not my first one on a ORBX page ;)

Glad you like this one

Ben

Archived