Procedure for Uninstalling YBCS v1.0 ?

XCLTM3

Order No: FSS451149

Hi all,

I needed some clarification on this.

I wanted to uninstall YBCS v1.0 (originally purchased via PC Aviator on DVD).

I purchased the Crossgrade-upgrade via FSS recently and I need to install the latest YBCS v1.2.

Tim Harris' uninstall FTX airports instructions on the FAQ page dated March 2011 don't seem relevant to my situation here and now.

1. Tim refers to using an "FTX Configurator.exe" as part of the final step toward uninstallation - however, I do not have the FTX Configurator and therefore cannot fully employ his instructions.

2. I attempted to utilise the FTX Central V2.0 "Product Uninstaller" feature in an attempt to uninstall YBCS - however it only shows my Southern California product and none of the others.

Appreciate your assistance.

PS: Could I suggest that this information be included in a future update to the next FTX Definitive Guide?

Thanks & Regards,

Steve

52 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Steve,

The guide is still valid.

Even if you can't find the configurator, it is also in the ORBX\Scripts

folder, you can still install your new product version using the method

described.

Thanks Nick, all sorted out now (hopefully)

G'day Steve,

If you are only intending to remove YBCS v1.0 in preparation to install v1.2 via the cross-grade licence, you needn't worry - the v1.2 installer will look after all of that for you. Just make sure that after installing YBCS 1.2, that you download and install the latest ORBXlibs, load FTX Central v2 and set your region to Australia.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived