FTX AU SP4, Somthings wrong.

Pilot01

Hi FTX, 

I recently purchased FTX AU SP4 and before I downloaded it I looked at the pictures and they looked great but after I downloaded it and set it up I went on the simulator and it looked nothing like the photos. It still looks a little bit like the default but with a few more buildings and trees. It also still has the 2D buildings and trees under the houses and trees and it doesn't very realistic, in the photos on the website it didn't have that. 

Can you please help me because I saved up for this and finally got it so my simulator would look extremely realistic but it looks nothing like that. Please help. 

order code = #FSS0447673

thanks. 

Well mine do look like the below images so they are real :).

Might be worth you using the V key to take in game screenshots (I think thats the default one) and posting them as your camera pics are a little hard to see to be honest.

Also confirm what settings you have your graphics on in the FSX Settings Menus

If you look a few posts above you should see a screenshots I posted of 1 of the menus in FSX. You should see various options there such as Level of Detail and Mesh etc. Also you will notice various tabs on that image with the first one being Graphics. Maybe just take some screenshots of these pages and post the images here.

I would suggest using google on how to tweak FSX. In regards to the settings make sure you the the top one Level of detail radius set to the max. A lot of getting FSX to look as good as you want is via tweaking the various CFG files that run the simulator.

One thing to remember about FSX is that is a pretty old flight sim and has some limitations. Hopefully the tweak guides I have mentioned will help you out but there will always be a trade off when you extend the view draw distance and what FPS you get out of the simulator.

That stuff we had a look  at yesterday just made the default look better. 

I still can't and don't know how to put the au sp4 package into the FSX because at the moment it still looks like the default just with better settings.

please help 

From your "screen shots" it looks quite possible that you are seeing what you should.

Please take another, following the guidelines below so that it can be compared with what

should be seen. 

To take a screenshot, run the simulator, press Ctrl+Z until the coordinates are displayed

in the top left hand corner and then press the V key.

You screenshot will be saved to a Flight Simulator X folder in your Pictures folder.

To add a screenshot to your post, first save it in .jpg format which will reduce the file size.

Then upload it to an image hosting site such as this one and use the direct link to

add it.

In the forum reply box you will see Insert other media\Insert image from URL at the bottom right.

You should have a file on your desktop now calle FTX Central. Double click it, and your FTX control panel opens up. Select  "Oceania"  as your group, and click apply. This turns on youe Australian scenery.

Hi Pilot01,

First in your weather settings choose "clear all weather" so we can see the scenery without clouds.   Second, go to Options/Scenery LIbrary and make a screenshot of your entries.  Third, open FTXCentral and make sure you understand the Insertion Point for FTX entries.  We'll go from there, ok?

2 hours ago, Pilot01 said:

Penzoil3,

i have already tried  that but it's not changing the scenery and now it's saying that the simulator is running but the simulator isn't so I can't do anything.

thanks

You  most likely  find  that  fsx  is  still closing  down in the back  ground   and  you   ran ftx  too  quickly  before  fsx  has  completely   shut  down,  wait   a little  while  before  you   start ftx

Archived