No smokestack at Moss Landing/KMRY

Stewart Hobson

I have scenery complexity set to Extremely Dense, Autogen density set to Extremely Dense, Special Effects detail set to High, and FTX Central NA has Antennas, smokestacks, etc., ticked.  But no smokestack at Moss Landing.  What am I missing, please?  It used to be there, but not now.  Maybe aliens stole it.  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Hangar24 said:

Wish I could help you Stew but it's still there and it's still in the sim.  Is Elkhorn Slough and the marina still showing for you?

Yes, both are showing as best as I can tell.  You're referring to the marina directly across the highway from the power plant, right?

12 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Yes, both are showing as best as I can tell.  You're referring to the marina directly across the highway from the power plant, right?

Yes, the Moss Landing Marina.  I have NCA version 1.20 patch 002 dated November 15, 2015 according to FTX Central.  This is the latest quad installer.  Maybe you need to re-download NCA and reinstall.  Moss Landing was originally a separate installer but was included in the latest version of NCA.

3 minutes ago, Hangar24 said:

Yes, the Moss Landing Marina.  I have NCA version 1.20 patch 002 dated November 15, 2015 according to FTX Central.  This is the latest quad installer.  Maybe you need to re-download NCA and reinstall.  Moss Landing was originally a separate installer but was included in the latest version of NCA.

Yes, thanks, I have this NCA version 1.20.  Will keep digging--it's probably something obvious, it usually is!

24 minutes ago, Hangar24 said:

Do you have this file FTX_NCA_objects_MossLanding_PLC.bgl in your Orbx folder?  Not sure but the smokestacks are probably in there.

Yep, got that one, too!  I wonder if something is excluding that particular bgl file?  And how can that happen?

G'day Stew,

I'll need to do a little bit of exploring as this feature of NCA isn't something I personally worked on. A couple of things:

1. Could you post us a screenshot of what you do see at Moss' Landing? I've attached a quick reference shot for comparison. 

2. The Power Station/stack model is located in the file FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_P3D_LIB.bgl  (P3D) or FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_LIB.bgl (FSX) in your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery folder - you'll need to check that's present. 

Moss.jpg

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi, Jarrad.  That scene is pretty much what I see, except the power station and its associated two smoke stacks are not present.  Instead there is a dark space on the ground.  This was not the case from some time ago when I purchased both NCA and KMRY.  Only Friday and yesterday (PST), when preparing for a group fly over of the area, did I notice the absence of the building and the smoke stacks.  Everyone else on the flight saw the stacks, btw.  I will check my ORBX folder for that bgl you mention and get back to you asap.

Sorry for stepping in but I don't have the above bgl file in my ORBX folder and will have to download NCA again. Do I have to delete my NCA folders before reinstalling the area or can I just run the installer with FTX set to Global?

Thank you.

Roland

Order Number: FSS0346526
Order Date: 2015-01-07   

9 hours ago, rolandalder said:

Sorry for stepping in but I don't have the above bgl file in my ORBX folder and will have to download NCA again. Do I have to delete my NCA folders before reinstalling the area or can I just run the installer with FTX set to Global?

Thank you.

Roland

Order Number: FSS0346526
Order Date: 2015-01-07   

Quick question:  Do you see the smokestacks without that bgl file in the folder Jarrad mentioned?  As for reinstalling NCA, I think you can install the new download without deleting the "old" one, but I'm not sure--I've never had to do it.

Thanks Stew,

Are you running FSX or P3D? If FSX, do you have both FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_P3D_LIB.bgl and FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_LIB.bgl in that folder? If so, remove FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_P3D_LIB.bgl  and see if that fixes it for you. 

On an unrelated note, it looks like you may have an out-of-date autogendescriptions file for some reason - the custom NCA vegetation types (which are used around Moss' Landing) seem to be missing based on your screenshot. This is an easy fix though - just download/reinstall the latest ORBXlibs, go to FTX-Central v2, and apply (or re-apply if already active) the North American region - this will activate the latest autogen types for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

11 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Thanks Stew,

Are you running FSX or P3D? If FSX, do you have both FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_P3D_LIB.bgl and FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_LIB.bgl in that folder? If so, remove FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_P3D_LIB.bgl  and see if that fixes it for you. 

On an unrelated note, it looks like you may have an out-of-date autogendescriptions file for some reason - the custom NCA vegetation types (which are used around Moss' Landing) seem to be missing based on your screenshot. This is an easy fix though - just download/reinstall the latest ORBXlibs, go to FTX-Central v2, and apply (or re-apply if already active) the North American region - this will activate the latest autogen types for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you, Jarrad.  I'll check out the P3D file.  Also, what should I look for to confirm the vegetation types are correct after reinstalling the ORBXlibs?

Edit to add:  I have the latest ORBXlibs 151213, but will run them again, just to be sure.

G'day Stew, no problems - if you compare your screenshot to mine, you will notice vegetation agn around the power station and marina is missing in your shot, even though some is still displaying in the background. The missing components are custom autogen types made for NCA (the visible components are default tree types) - something that can only be remedied by cycling through the region in FTX-Central after installing the ORBXlibs. It's nothing to worry about though - it's a pretty easy to install an old version if installing some of our older regions or airport installers, but also nice and easy to fix too :)

Cheers

Hi, Jarrad.  Success!  That P3D_LIB.bgl was the culprit.  Also, I had always thought it strange that there were no trees/bushes in front of the power plant along the highway, nor along the road adjacent to and leading up to the highway there (Highway 1, it is).  I have driven past that area on many occasions and flying past it in the sim, I had wondered why no trees?  Now I know.  It's back to normal:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Uuy

Thanks for the tip about the bgl file and also the custom autogen for the power plant.  Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

FYI, I've got the same problem. Renaming the FTX_NCA_SRA_POIs_P3D_LIB.bgl file to .off made the trick (thank you :)).

But someone mentioned the "Should be v1.1   August 2015 " for the KBZN version. I must tell that mine is "KBZN FTX US KBZN Bozeman International Airport VERSION 1.0 September 2013" (thus perhaps explaining the problem with the BGL file?) => Who is true? Which is right? Did I miss an update?

Thank you.

LOL, mistyped... Everybody can do a mistake no?

Read KMRY and version "KMRY FTX US KMRY Monterey Regional Airport Version 1.15 December 2015". Thus the pb with the BGL file still exists even with the most recent version. That's the info that I wanted to give, that's all.

G'day Gr.eg, 

I'm not sure I follow, but to clarify;

1. The latest version of KMRY is v1.15

2. The subject of this topic - Moss Landing Power Station - is not part of the KMRY package, it is part of NCA. Therefore the latest version of KMRY (v1.15) will not make any changes to the files mentioned here. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 3 weeks later...

Archived