YMML uphill runway

Aussieflyer38

Hi Guys. I downloaded YMML last night and was faced with a dodgy uphill runway. Gave Bob a run and once you get past that scenery flaw, the airport appears, The runways and Taxi ways are not as they should be, but they are there. I uninstalled and reinstalled, assuming this was a bad download, but  got the same thing. Can someone help me with this please. 

Why does this say I can only post a pic .59 MB and not let me post two pics  42.4KB & 36.6 KB, I can't even post one.

Don

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Hi Pete, thanks, looks like I'm stuck with a dud. If I could get the proper runway to load  when I open YMML I can put up with the other stuff. My problem seems a bit different to the other  posts, I have that distorted 16 runway.  

ymml fault MOD.jpg

ymml fault 2 MOD.jpg

Yeah I'm a bit miffed that I paid good money  for this and got a faulty product. I feel FSS/ORBX should have a warning that the product may not perform up to expectations, then if you want to take the chance it's up to you. Thanks for your input mate.

Persevere. YMML  V2 placed an improved runway image over the old v1 photoreal image. That's why landing lights don't show up on the runway.

What you are seeing is a combination of the two rather than only the V2 runway. As a guess something in your settings is too course and has to be refined (ie mesh percentages, etc)

Also check that your mesh is below YMML in the scenery library.

On Sunday, 27 December 2015 at 10:23 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Too early to be miffed, I would suggest when the airport is clearly misinstalled.

How can it be clearly misinstalled when I downloaded it from FSS and followed the installation instructions. AS ORBX to their credit have made installations pretty simple - tick the boxes, what can go wrong. I like to know what I did to clearly misinstall it.

12 hours ago, petfy said:

Persevere. YMML  V2 placed an improved runway image over the old v1 photoreal image. That's why landing lights don't show up on the runway.

What you are seeing is a combination of the two rather than only the V2 runway. As a guess something in your settings is too course and has to be refined (ie mesh percentages, etc)

Also check that your mesh is below YMML in the scenery library.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look.

The appearance of a default runway texture over the photoreal points to another APX file. I'd suggest a search of your sim's folder for YMML and look at the results outside of Orbx's folder. A typical culprit is third party AI traffic programs that install their own airport APX files. 

On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 5:00 AM, bluestar said:

I just purchased Australia SP4 and YMML.  Installed Australia then YMML and both are working as advertised.  One of the things I did was made sure all my YMML freeware airports were uninstalled.

blaustern

Thanks bluestar. so far I only have ORBX airports installed in the YMML region.

On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 9:47 AM, Ed Correia said:

The appearance of a default runway texture over the photoreal points to another APX file. I'd suggest a search of your sim's folder for YMML and look at the results outside of Orbx's folder. A typical culprit is third party AI traffic programs that install their own airport APX files.

Thanks Ed, I'll check it out. I don't have any third party AI traffic programs installed, only the one by ORBX

Archived