PAJN PAKT-FSX Elevation Problems

MrLindy

I recently installed PAJN for both FSX & P3Dv2.  P3D seems to display the airport without errors or elevation problems, such as snow banks on the runway.  However, the FSX version displays what seems to be the FSX runway with the ORBX runway layered on top, with snow drifts covering the about 1/3 of the runway.  I've uninstalled ORBX/PAJN, reverted to FSX default version. Restarted system and still seem to have the snow covered runway. I've run the airport elevation tool as well, after each change of scenery. Screenshots are attached. First two show the FSX version - with snow.  The second two pics show the P3Dv2 version, without any problems at all.  Any help/suggestions with fixing the FSX version will be much appreciated.

FSX PAJN PROB-1.JPG

FSX PAJN PROB-2.JPG

P3DV2 - PAJN - NO ERRORS.JPG

P3DV2 - PAJN - NO ERRORS-2.JPG

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with both PAJN and PAKT. No problems in P3D V2.4. I did the same things you did. Neither of the airports are listed in the Airport Elevations corrections list either enabled or disabled. Did you get any answer for this from ORBX Support?

Bill

I can replicate the error you see at PAJN by setting FTX Central to North America and then renaming

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL to ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGX.

I am assuming that you have properly installed your copy of South Alaska and that you do not visit PAJN

unless it is active.

To display properly, when SAK is active, the file must have the .bgl extension.

Conversely, if the .bgl is active but SAK is not, the airport looks similarly wrong.

Nick,

I have verified that North America is active and that both PAJN and PAKT are .BGL files. As I said earlier that I do not have this problem in P3D V2.4. Recognizing that they are two different programs. Providing this information just in case this may provide a clue to what may be the problem. Since PAJN is FTX_SAK and PAKT is FTX_PFJ and the problem is in both airports could there be a problem in both SAK and PFJ installations?

Thanks for your continued support.

Bill

Nick,

I downloaded SAK again just to make sure I had the current version. Installed it. Then installed PAJN. FTX Central was set to North America. Cycled FTX Central a couple of times. Ran the Vector adjustment program. Still have the same problem.

What's left to try/

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire FSX directory for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is

Also see our SAK compatibility index threads: 

Cheers, Holger

Holger and Nick,

Well we are half way there. Holger, I did the search of world/scenery. Found one UT file for PAJN and one for PAKT. Removed both and checked PAJN. Fixed the problem with KPJN. Thanks! But the problem still exists with PAKT. Reinstalled PAKT and did a Vector adjustment. Still the same problem. Removed all UT entrees in my scenery lib. Checked world/scenery and had 3 entries for PAKT.

AD_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_AK1H_Ketchikan_N_Tongass_Hwy_heli_8m_ALT.BGL

AD_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_17AK_Ketchikan_TEMSCO_heli_1m_ALT.BGL

AD_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elavation_adjustment.BGL

Don't know where to go from here. What files do you need from me to help.

Thanks to you both for staying with me on this.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start a new topic, I would like to piggy back on this one because I have a similar problem. Here is what I am seeing at PAJN

I did a search for PAJN scenery files as recommended by Nick and came up with this.

Similarly I have an issue at Skagway, one that was not there yesterday.

I have Tongass Fjiords which it is recommended be at the very top of the scenery file. OTOH, in a note about ORBX Vector, it is recommeded that TF be inserted below any ORBX products. I tried that and it made no difference, so I have restored TF to the top of the scenery file list. I have run FTX Central in both Global with Hybrid and with North America several times also as suggested, but again....no difference. So, I am looking to the ultimate source for help. btw, I also disabled NALC as part of the recomennded proced to seek out errors caused by Vector. Again, no difference, but I am not sure this is an elevation issue involving Vector. I also note that there is a recomendation to reinstall SAK. I have not gone that far yet, but will do so if anyone thinks that is necessary. Thanks.

Sherm

capture_001_16022016_135535.jpg

capture_001_16022016_145342.jpg

capture_001_16022016_151557.jpg

Sherm,

for the correct order of scenery in the FSX Library open FTX Central v2 in the lower left corner click on "ORBX GUIDE" and scroll to page 38 for a depictions of what order to place scenery.

Tongass X should be BELOW FTX scenery.

54 minutes ago, spud said:

Sherm,

for the correct order of scenery in the FSX Library open FTX Central v2 in the lower left corner click on "ORBX GUIDE" and scroll to page 38 for a depictions of what order to place scenery.

Tongass X should be BELOW FTX scenery.

Thanks, Spud...as I wrote, I have tried thaT, but will try again with rerun of latest last libs and AEC. if there are no changes I suppose a reinstall of SAK. and Tongass might be in order.  

Sherm

Actually I wouldn't bother with a reinstall other than SAK to service pack 005 which still doesn't correct the PANC RW glitch but does bring you up to date for SAK otherwise.

A simple reorder of your FSX Library to place the files in the recommended order might help with other anomalies and certainly wouldn't hinder things.

I have a slightly similar problem at PAKT - to the right of the main terminal, there is a lone tree sticking up where there should be none and similarly at CYQQ (with Don Grovestine's CYQQ installed with his new installer - I have a runway that is semi-parallel to the existing one. BTW - no matter what I do to an image to convert it to be 4MB as indicated for attachments - I can't seem to get it.....any suggestions? 

21 minutes ago, spud said:

Actually I wouldn't bother with a reinstall other than SAK to service pack 005 which still doesn't correct the PANC RW glitch but does bring you up to date for SAK otherwise.

A simple reorder of your FSX Library to place the files in the recommended order might help with other anomalies and certainly wouldn't hinder things.

I see SP 3 and 4 in the Support listings, but not SP5. What am I missing?  Never mind, SP5 showed up when i ran the North American Routine in FTX Central. thanks.

Sherm

2 hours ago, spud said:

Still no solution after trying all suggestions so far....Trenches at both PAJN AND PAGY....plus runways covered by snowbanks at PAJN. In short, the airport is out of service. What else can I do?  btw, I have checked a handful of airports within TF and there are no problems afaik. So, I am assuming this has nothing to do with TF. As always, thanks

Sherm

Hi Sherm,

PAJN and PAGY are outside of Tongass Fjords meaning there's no interaction either way.

Not sure what the issue might be as the list of active bgl files for PAJN looks as it should. Global Vector doesn't alter the default altitude at either airport so that can't be an issue either. Perhaps you have some other add-on that excludes the FTX SAK components at both airports? To cross-check you could temporarily moving the Orbx FTX block to the top of your scenery library (vie the insertion point tool) or uncheck all third-party entries above the FTX block.

Cheers, Holger

I finally decided to reinstall SAK, and the patches....it worked. Everything looks great....of course, there are some floating houses in Skagway, but I have the fix for that. But, I think that for the moment, I will let them hang there. A little surrealism never hurt anyone...

Sherm

• Nick Cooper changed the title to PAJN PAKT-FSX Elevation Problems

Hello Bill,

I have merged your new topic with this one, made it active again and edited the title to include your problem.

For future reference, it is always better to start your own rather than tag onto someone else's.

I don't know the answer to the problem however.

It does occur to me that if PAKT is part of Tongass Fjords and PFJ, do you have two airports active in the same place?

Fwiw, I solved my problem by installing a backup scenery.cfg which had something 

Like  386 entries+|- for my existing scenery.cfg which showed 749 layers. That simply did not look correct. The scenery.cfg exchange did the trick. Btw, I had temembered reading that suggestion on one of the other topics here at ORBX .

sherm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived