FTX GLOBAL VECTOR or OPEN LC problem

Nosferatu

Bought and installed today and getting lots of blur and odd textures like water in strange places and lines or patches of blur. See the pic...

What can I do? Im running an i74770 and GTX970 4gb with triple screens. Before I added these two no issues

2015-12-20_6-46-43-621.gif

FSS0438957

Vector and OLC are designed to work with FTX Global  first of all. https://fullterrain.com/product/ftxgvector

This product requires you have the following installed:

Purchase this base pack to get started with FTX Global. Then add openLC packs for better landclass. Click for more info.
FTX Global BASE

Second, you need to download and install the latest libraries- here-https://fullterrain.com/support. 

After that open up FTX Central and apply your region. Since you didn't get Global, that would be "Default"

Sue

Also, are you running any kind of mesh software, such as FS Global 2010?

Vector will apply accurate placement of coastlines, rivers, and lakes. But the default FSX/P3D meshes are frequently inaccurate. The definitive guide to FTX software explains how the different layers (mesh, texture, vector, and landclass) interact.

If you are flying in a full region package like PFJ, then Global will not add anything. The regions are intended to replace all relevant layers. For places covered by full regions, you are far better off using them rather than Global layers. Within FTX Central, set your active region either to North America or FTX Global with Enable "hybrid mode" marked with an X. This will ensure PFJ is working when you are in that area. If you set it to North America and fly outside of the area covered by the full regions you own, then the Global scenery will be used in those places. If you never fly outside of the regions you own, then you can set it to North America and you won't see any difference. This option can be useful if you are flying near the edges of a region, but not within sight of the boundary, as in cases like this, the Global layers, especially Vector, can have an impact on frame rates.

Okay, I activated Hybrid mode and same problem. Same also with North America active. Lots of land with smudged textures like the pic. Very odd. I only downloaded Fjords yesterday and there were some lines across some land that looked odd. Maybe the culprit is that?

You must install the libraries after a new scenery installation ! Even if you already had it, the scenery may replace some files with older ones. Always run the library after an install, then apply the region!

Sue

Regarding Sue' s comment above after a new scenery installation: you must run the Vector AEC tool as per the instructions written in the AEC tool

" Please note that you should re-run auto configuration after installing, uninstalling, actiavating or deactivating addon scenery"

Hi there,

make sure that the openLC block of entries is at lower display priority than the FTX block; see the openLC manual for more information. If that's not it then you may have another landclass add-on active at higher display priority, which would "confuse" the sim as to which textures to display and thus pick random sets.

Cheers, Holger

Archived