Jefferson County - No sounds anywhere

curt1

I just installed Jefferson County and noticed there were no sounds as referenced in the manual.  I went right up to the tractor, the FBO, and areas where conversation is to be heard...no sounds at all.  Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. 

I've been trying to figure out why this scenery is the only one with a sound issue.  I've installed it twice, downloaded the latest libraries, and have the sound section checked on in the control manager.  There's really nothing else I can do apart from the developer informing me what file(s) may be missing.  I look forward to a response.    

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up request, please.  I still haven't heard from an Orbx developer, and would like to know if the scenery really includes sounds or not.  If it does, then what files should I have installed to hear them?

1 hour ago, curt1 said:

Follow up request, please.  I still haven't heard from an Orbx developer, and would like to know if the scenery really includes sounds or not.  If it does, then what files should I have installed to hear them?

I'm assuming you have "Sounds" checked off in the control panel?

8 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I'm assuming you have "Sounds" checked off in the control panel?

No, the sounds are checked "enabled" in the control panel.  This is one of the few sceneries that really promotes it's sound package, but I can't experience it.  I've tried switching seasons to see if that would help but it didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to come across as being rude, but I have to ask why the developers of this scenery aren't willing to address the problem I raised?  In addition to this thread, I've also sent a pm to the lead developer.  All I'm really asking for is under what conditions should I hear the sounds promoted in the user manual?  

Hi curt1,

DesertPilot is correct that the original developers are no longer active so it's difficult for us to diagnose specific issues. However, I just compared my older FSX installation -- in which I can hear all the sounds -- with a new installation of the current triple installers in P3D and it appears that the 0S9-specific sound and sound control files may be AWOL. I'll check with Ed whether he can confirm that in the installer code.

Cheers, Holger

Holger, many thanks for the reply!  Perhaps when the quad installer comes out the sound files will be included again.  If not, then it might be a good idea to revise the user manual so other buyers aren't hunting for the sounds as I have.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that!

I keep my complete, old Prepar3D 1.4 folder zipped on an external HDD because every now and then it seems OrbX lose a bunch of textures, sounds or other files when updating their libraries and installers. That way I can just do a WinDiff to find any changed/missing files from a "known good" configuration.

Archived