Friday Harbour elevation issue

Dave_YVR

Awesome work on FHR, it looks fabulous. I have noticed however that AI arrivals land and stay approx. 3-4 feet above the surface of the scenery.  Maneuvering around the airport I notice the elevation is 109.5 feet asl yet the airport is set in the scenery to 112.99 feet which would explain the discrepancy with the AI. Is there a possible fix for this?

For what it's worth I am using My Traffic 6 and do not see AI hovering above ground, except one aircraft parked on the ramp which might even be a part of the scenery, not AI. There are however other issues that are affecting people and myself, with what appears to be two ground layers, one above the other.  Floating buildings, runways etc.

Hi guys,

Thanks everyone for your input. We've nailed down a fix for this issue plus a couple of other niggles. It just needs to go through some tests over the next couple of days hopefully and it will be delivered via FTX Central.

This is a peculiar one as normally the incorrect height settings would manifest itself as peaks and troughs around the taxiways rather than putting AI and PAPI in the air. It's also intermittent and possibly only occurs if you start at KFHR and not if you're transitting from somewhere else. Also seems to be less prevalent on FSX despite the same files being used.

Anyway - keep your eyes peeled for a fix soon.

Greg

Archived