Nothing working too well after installing multiple ORBX packages

TomU

Hello. I'm nugget & newbie with OBRX / FTX products. However, I have been using FSX for many years. At any rate today, I purchase 3 ORBX products, and installed them [FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, FTX Open LC - NA/A/C, most recent Libraries 151108, and FTX Global NA Airports (freeware) ], because I have been in the hunt for awhile to update my FS world scenery & environment to what I thought would be a huge improvement over stock FSX

installation. So I jumped in with both feet, and bought the ORBX packages that I thought would accomplish that objective..

So, after spending many, many hours downloading and installing, (and waiting for that 'unwrapper/wrapper' app to do its thing), I fire up FSX for first time and set the FSX settings per ORBX documentation, and go to my favorite airport KNTU (NAS Oceana) .... Only to be very disappointed.

First issue: Trees on taxiway & parking areas, etc

Second issue: Houses & other 'land-based' autogen objects out in the ocean, just east of KNTU

Third issue: Generally, what I can tell, the installation of the OBRX products did nothing to improve the scenery environment experience. I say this, because I did a cross country flight from KNTU to KCRW (Yeager), and when I got to KCRW, it was riddled even worse with scenery problems - Mountains, land-masses in middle of runways, same issue with trees on runways, water effects where they shouldn't be, and other generally misplacement of objects.

I installed the OBRX products in the order listed, as shown in the first paragraph

I have tried selecting both Global & North America as the active product in FTX Central

FSX setting are set exactly per the OBRX documentation, but I tried tweaking them around to gauge effects

I have .NET 4.5.2 installed

My PC hardware should be more than robust to handle job: AMD Quad-Core 4.0GHZ // 16 GB DDR5 RAM // GPU Nvida  GTX750i (2 GB) -- PC is new and only about 3 months old

I though that given the ORBX products that I installed, would have been such of an 'overhaul', that none of the ugly default FSX would be left on my PC. I'm very disappointed, and I very frustrated given the $$$ I spent on these products.

I would like one of two things: (a) Either fix these issues [misplaced, out of placed scenery, etc]; Or (b) Refund of my money

Please get back with me. Thanks.

TomU.  Order #: FSS0435333 

KCRW1.jpg

KNTU1.jpg

KNTU2.jpg

KNTU3.jpg

KNTU4.jpg

KNTU5.jpg

KNTU6.jpg

KNTU7.jpg

Hi TomU,

I see that you installed openLC and Vector. For these software it must perform some post installation procedures.

So:

1. openLC: see on page # 10 of the "Orbx FTX NA openLC Alaska Canada 1.0 User Guide" that must adjust the "insertion points". Follow those instructions.

Here is an infographic illustrating the procedure (please, obey the callouts):

FTX-OLCInsertionpoint18-11-2015.jpg

2. Vector: make sure you have installed the latest version 1.30 downloaded from your FSS account.

Make sure you also have the version 1.35 downloaded from the support page (Warning! Do not use the version 1.30 of the support page!!!) Here: https://fullterrain.com/support.

If you've installed these two versions one after the other, you should have run the auto-configuration function in the AEC tool and applied it.

If you forgot, see how to do it here, in this Infograph:

14-10-2015AECRunAutoConfiguration.jpg

Perform these procedures, or if you have already performed them, please inform.

Cheers,
Voyager

TomU -

As some of the guys here probably remember I was where you are some time back...really frustrated and a little PO'd. I had all the same problems and saw all the same stuff. But I quickly learned that all the "stuff" I thought was wrong was not an ORBX issue at all but more a matter of my haste to "get it all loaded and fly around". Have a little faith, all these products work and they all work together really well. All I can advise is go slow, one thing at a time, and, most importantly, listen to the guys that know how to make this work. Fixing the problems you're seeing is a pretty simple job once the "how to" is explained. Hang in there and I think you're going to be glad you did.

Doug

Oops...almost forgot. Welcome to the forum. Like you, I've been simming for many years and this is the best forum I've ever been around. I hope you like it here as much as I do.

7 hours ago, TomU said:

I purchase 3 ORBX products, and installed them [FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, FTX Open LC - NA/A/C, most recent Libraries 151108, and FTX Global NA Airports (freeware) ],

I have tried selecting both Global & North America as the active product in FTX Central

As said above, the elevation issue is a quick fix in Vector.  And you'll find numerous posts on this forum to help fixing the autogen on runways/taxiways. What I wonder is how could you select North America to be the active region as you don't have a NA region (OpenLC NAN is a Global product) ? This option shouldn't appear.  Could you upload a pic of your FTX Central for us to see... And, for the record, OpenLC NAN does not cover California.

Hi. Thanks for help, and sorry for two day delay on getting back on this.

At any rate, I ran AEC, and this fixed the 'mountains' sticking up through Yeager KCRW. I haven't checked any where else, but will at later time. However, there are still a few random trees on airport taxiways and parking areas at KCRW, and there is out of place 'water' areas on airport propertied, when there shouldn't be.  (no picture of this stuff).

Also, at NAS Oceana KNTU, stuff is still generally messed up: Trees in wrong places, buildings out in ocean, out of place water scenery, etc, etc. One thing I noticed is that the building will keep on auto generating out in front of me as I fly out over the beach and further out into the ocean. Please see attached pictures.

More in about FTX Central in separate message.

KNTU1.jpg

KNTU2.jpg

KNTU3.jpg

KNTU5.jpg

KNTU6.jpg

About FTX Central:

(a) Regarding maybe why "North America" is shown as one of available regions is because, the day before I purchased OBRX products listed in original post, I had downloaded and installed the Pacific Northwest demo, and maybe this is why (???)

(b) Also, when I purchased and installed products, I had also installed Vector 1.35 (and I installed the 1.30 first, which was the product I received from FSS). Please see AEC pic, which shows I have 1.35 installed, because pic shows Vector version 1.35 on top of window.

(c) Regarding Scenery Insertion Point, it was set up correctly : FTX first, then OLC second in the list. (I didn't have to change this)

FTX Central 4 AEC.JPG

FTX Central 2.JPG

FTX Central 4 Insertion Point.JPG

FTX Central AEC Vector 135.JPG

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hi TomU,

Did you perform the setting procedures for the "insertion points"?

Voyager

Yes ... it was already setup as FTX-OLC (in that order), when I when to the "insertion points" tool

It seems that everything is on track.

No reason why there are still anomalies! Only lack researching problems with terrain.cfg

But that is a matter for those who know more than me.

Let's see if someone from the staff sheds light here.

Cheers,

Voyager

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 8:26 AM, dominique said:

As said above, the elevation issue is a quick fix in Vector.  And you'll find numerous posts on this forum to help fixing the autogen on runways/taxiways

Please post a link to specific posts on fixing autogen on runways/taxiways. Thanks.

Autogen on airports generally comes

- from a wrong order in the Scenery Library. Put "addon scenery" above FTX where it belongs. 

- or  a wrong activation As Sue said, when flying outside a region, Global should be activated (select and apply).

- or a third party addon bringing havoc. Have you any ?

Do that and report :).

Ok. here is what I have done:

(1) Selected 'Global' as active region

(2) I moved 'Addon Scenery', to top of insertion point, immediately above FTX and OLC

(3) Re-ran AEC

Result: Same issues as described in earlier posts: Auto-Gen of houses and trees in ocean near KNTU, trees still on taxiways on KNTU, just as show in earlier posted pictures.

Archived