Terrain anomalies north of Papa Stour

Christopher Low

I have recently identified a "string" of terrain anomalies north and west of Papa Stour (and also between the Shetland Isles and Norway). These are "pieces" of what seem to be default texture (and also "elevated sea water"). I could not work out what was causing them at first. I use PlayHorizon VFR GenX photoscenery of this region, but switching this off did not solve the problem. Through a process of trial and error, I identified that it was FTX Central v2 with the region set to "Europe" that was causing it (I have FTX Northern Ireland installed). When I switched to "Default" mode, these anomalies vanished.

I attach several screenshots to illustrate what I am seeing on my PC.

Can someone please have a look at this?

Prepar3D 2015-12-10 19-48-57-59.jpg

Prepar3D 2015-12-10 19-49-52-00.jpg

Prepar3D 2015-12-10 19-50-18-56.jpg

Prepar3D 2015-12-10 19-50-42-96.jpg

Hi Christoper,

I can't read the coordinates in your screenshots so couldn't check the exact locations but I did look at the FTX SCO files -- which cover the Shetlands, FTX NIR doesn't ! -- and all ocean water in that area is flattened at 0m and the small islands have proper rocky shoreline vectors.

Without either FTX Scotland or Global Vector installed you'll be seeing default water and shorelines in the Shetland Islands, regardless of whether FTX Central is set to Europe or Default. Perhaps you have another third-party add-on active for that area (UTX Europe?) that alters shorelines and terrain, or PlayHorizon VFR GenX  itself removes the water flattens; the textures in the water definitely look like photoreal, not landclass textures.

Cheers, Holger

Those textures look nothing like photoreal to me. They are low res, and not very clear. They are only visible when FTX Central is set to "Europe". The photoscenery was enabled in all of the tests that I conducted, so that is not to blame. To be honest, they look more like default textures....

Of course, and under the rules of the forum, when it was reported problems in specific areas, the informant shall indicate the coordinates of the place.

So, as I could not reproduce your flight, I did this and everything seemed normal (P3Dv3, Europe):

PapaStour2015-12-14_9-16-45-710.jpg

Cheers,

Voyager

Archived