Windsocks at Sumburgh point in opposite direction

Henri_W

Hi,

I noticed that all windsocks at the ORBX Sumburgh scenery point in the opposite direction compared to what they should do. Is this related to this particular scenery or could it be an error of FSX:SE? Everything else works like it should.

I use Windows 7 Professional 64 UK.

Kind regards,

Henri

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Same problem at the otherwise magnificient ORBX Southampton (EGHI) airport. This really spoils the experience a bit. Landing and taking off with what looks like a tailwind, but isn't, is disturbing. Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem? This definitely is not a problem on many other 3rd party airports I own.  

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

Henri

Surely I did. And I also read one should mention in this forum for which airports the problem occurs, so that it might be corrected in an update.

From what I read I do not get high hopes that it gets a lot of attention from the developers. I fail to understand how one can create such beautiful addons and then neglect such a crucial part. In real life I have a few hundred hours of flying time as a pilot. For the type of flying I did the wind direction could be a matter of life or death. Therefore, I probably feel more disturbed than the average simmer when the windsock indicates the oppositie direction.  

Anyway, lets see if it is tackled. For the limitied number of single airports released this should not be too hard. If all airports in a regional package have to be addressed this will take more time, of course. However, the single airports probably get visited more frequently by their buyers, so I would expect they get some special treatment. Until this issue is solved I probably have to switch to other vendors for future aiports.

Best regards,

Henri

On ‎29‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 7:59 AM, Ed Correia said:

These windsocks are being addressed in the quad installers. 

Sounds like great news. I am really looking forward to the updates. The beauty of the ORBX airports is second to none, so it would really be a pity to not enjoy them to the max.

Thanks,

Henri

Hello Jack,

The presence of a new installer will only show up in FTX Central if the version number also changes.

Because the installers are new and contain the whole product, they are only available from your FSS

account page, so yes, a new download would be required.

A better way to keep track is probably the Release Announcements forum

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

The presence of a new installer will only show up in FTX Central if the version number also changes.

Because the installers are new and contain the whole product, they are only available from your FSS

account page, so yes, a new download would be required.

A better way to keep track is probably the Release Announcements forum

Hi again Nick, I went to the forum and I saw some closed topics.  KSEZ, KMRY, & KWYS, now all it says in the title is P3DV3.  Does that mean those are the only changes?

I have FSX so it wouldn't affect me.

Hello Jack,

Yes, as far as I am aware, if there is no mention of change

in the release announcement and no change in the version number

there is no change in the content.

Also, as far as I am aware, there is nothing in the new installers

for those of us who do not have P3D.

Unless there is a specific mention of a change.

For example ENJA

Hi all,

The updated installer for our Freeware ENJA Jan Mayensfield is now available.

Richard made some minor changes to the Northern Lights, hence the version number change. You can grab this new installer from here.

Archived