FSS store credit for KFOT pre-sale customers

John Venema

Hello all,

When we decided to begin the December sale a few days earlier and take in the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale days, I was not aware that KFOT had already been released even though I specifically announced it would be on sale. I take full responsibility for this oversight and I've authorized FSS to offer store credits for the price difference.

Please note however, we will not be offering any rebates or credits for any other Orbx products that went on sale from Black Friday onwards, in the same way that any store in the world does not offer this once a sale goes ahead. I can related to this real-world scenario personally; an office chair broke last week so I went to Staples to purchase a new one, only to find that they had just finished a sale on offer chairs the day before and that the chairs would be on sale again on Black Friday. I bought the chair we needed regardless, it's just the way it is.

The plus side is that we have discounted two new airport releases since the sale began with another two also to be discounted. This is not the normal practice for new products released during a sale but just our way of saying thank you for supporting Orbx this past year.

Thank you very much John, that's very much appreciated.

On the flip side I'm ok with not receiving the credit as there things happen - part of life.

Either way, if I receive it, it's very much appreciated but if I don't, it's still very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Craig :)

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

You find it impressive that John has done the right thing? :) I don't, it just took a couple of days longer than I thought it would is all. ;)

On being a little contemplative with your comments, I can see that you are quite correct and I was in error. I am now no longer impressed. :)

Please note however, we will not be offering any rebates or credits for any other Orbx products that went on sale from Black Friday onwards, in the same way that any store in the world does not offer this once a sale goes ahead. I can related to this real-world scenario personally; an office chair broke last week so I went to Staples to purchase a new one, only to find that they had just finished a sale on offer chairs the day before and that the chairs would be on sale again on Black Friday. I bought the chair we needed regardless, it's just the way it is.

I disagree with the suggestion that no store offers a rebate or credit once an item goes on sale. I have previously worked in retail (Kmart Australia, and there are similar policies in all Coles Myer stores) and if you buy a product and it goes on sale shortly after, you are able to return it (obviously intact) with a receipt and then purchase it at the discounted rate. If you go to the service desk they simply refund you the difference. I appreciate an online store is slightly different, but ultimately it comes down to the policy / generosity of the seller in these circumstances and whether they feel this is in the interests of maintaining goodwill with customers. Obviously online purchases cannot be returned in the same way, but it could be argued that if you haven't yet activated the software online, then such a scenario is possible.

You see Ron Atwood, even though Sue was grumpy as hell when this first happened, she shows good grace about it when we remedy the situation. Take a leaf out of her book.

I really must lock these announcement topics again, it's just not worth leaving them open to the sort of comments we've seen here.

Archived