Scenery Library

BBQSteve

This is probably the most discussed, least understood topic for me. I have placed the four Vector files at the top as described in most guides and my most of my airports are messed up. I place them just below the FTX stuff and all is good. Reading on other sites indicates this is the correct location. Can someone define the proper placement?

I have NOW in this order:

All airports not FTX

Libraries

FTX

OPEN LC AND EU

VECTOR

FS GLOBAL 2010

BASE

VECTOR AEC

6 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

This is probably the most discussed, least understood topic for me. I have placed the four Vector files at the top as described in most guides and my most of my airports are messed up. I place them just below the FTX stuff and all is good. Reading on other sites indicates this is the correct location. Can someone define the proper placement?

I have NOW in this order:

All airports not FTX

Libraries

FTX

OPEN LC AND EU

VECTOR

FS GLOBAL 2010

BASE

VECTOR AEC

Hi, Steve.  FS Global 2010 above the Vector entries would be the only change I would make.  See Voyager's post above.  Otherwise it looks good to me.

1 hour ago, BBQSteve said:

As this works for me, I am going to leave it, but may I refer you to the NA OPENLC manual, pages 11 and 12 which shows Vector just below the top layer.

Combined Scenery

Vector

Global Base

OpenLC

FS Global 2010

That illustration explains how the different layers interact with each other, not where Vector, Open LC, etc. are placed in the Scenery Library.  This is a common misconception that begs to be clarified at some point.  Voyager's illustration is correct and is in answer to several similar requests from other posters on the forums.

Hi Friends,

I have fresh install of FSX and ORBX products: Global Base, VECTOR, Trees HD and OpenLC Europe. I'm also confused about proper order in library. Actually I have following order:

ORBXLIBS
OPENLC EUROPE
OPENLC NAMERICA1
OPENLC BASE
XClass World (Europe is deactivated)
FreeMeshX regions
default FSX SE sceneries
ORBX VECTOR OBJ
ORBX VECTOR APT
ORBX VECTOR CVX
ORBX VECTOR EXX
Base sceneries FSX
ORBX VECTOR AEC
Default Scenery
Default Terrain
------------------------------------------

Three questions:

1) Is the above order correct?
2) where should I place other airport sceneries (i.e. Polish airports from DDesign, or other freeware airport sceneries)?
3) where should I place DX10LightFix .bgl files (these are from DX10 Fixer) which correct flashing runway lights?

Lucas

Thank you, Nick.

As I understand it, your light field .bgl files should go in the same folder as

the airport scenery to which each applies.

Yes, but I prefer to create separately folder with these files and put it in library above all addon airports sceneries.

Are you sure that ORBXLIBS can be below airports addon scenery?

And one more... in Voyager's post above FTX is abone OLC - what is FTX? I thought that is VECTOR. If yes, so my order isn't good. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

Lucas

FTX orange block, by virtue of how FTX Central 2, has within itself all Orbx regions and airports with Orbxlibs on top of that set (Orbx regions and airports).

So it is no use move "Orbxlibs" individually. When setting the "insertion points", FTX Central 2 will always put everything in place, cause it is your programmed nature.

You need to read the "Orbx FTX Global openLC Europe Version 1.20 User Guide - September 2015," above all the page # 13.

Voyager

Archived