Vector Will not install

bellcrank

Help

The wrapper for FTX vector will not complete it freezes at the 80% mark and the only way to close is with windows task manager.

I have tried two downloads ( 5 hours each, third world broadband) ) one with a downloader manger but to no avail. I have global installed with no problem, FTX North America had a similar problem it also froze at around 80% but eventually installed, unlike vector  the wrapper  ( < BACK ) ( NEXT >) ( CANCEL) remained active. 

Have not found a solutions to this known problem on the internet and no response from flghtsim store help

i7 4790k @ 4,00GHz

16 GB ram

500GB Samsung SSD

2 TB western digital

window 7 professional 64bit

Webroot security software

Help would be appreciated.

Obviously Orbx and the flightsim store share the same customer non service! This is what happens when accountants run companies!

Pretty sad that the only thing that did not work on my new computer build, built primarily for flight sim, was the was the wrapper software.for vector. 

Order Number: FSS0426996
Order Date: 2015-11-27

Does anybody know how to go back and get a disk rather than going through 5 hour downloads to get to a wrappers that do not work?

I should point out that it is a weekend and that support staff are also entitled to

time off.

I do not have an answer for you except that I have read that this problem affects

only a few customers and that there is no defined answer as yet.

It is unlikely that another download will help you but I have also read that the wrapper

has worked for everyone who has waited long enough.

Sometimes this can be a very long time.

I understand your frustration but it will not help you to publish insults here.

Nick, thank you for the reply.

Sorry you took this  personally. I think the product is fantastic but the process a customer has to go through to get support when there is problem would never work other than in the virtual world of flight sim. I have pretty much given up on the software download wrapper process, global worked fine, north American was problematic and vector.....

Is there a way to pay the extra and get a boxed version or is that even possible?

Doogles.

(C:) SSD 550GB with  297 GB free (temp file)

(D)Download is on  2 TB mech drive with 1.76 TB free.

Thought I might try downloading to the C drive see if that makes any diff.

I have deleted the download file and re downloaded with no success, I am not sure where or if the wrapper loads/saved to a file somewhere else and that is corrupted.

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks for your interest and  help.

Could you please try moving your temp file to your mech drive. The issue may be with the unwrapper and SSD drives and I would be interested if swapping it makes the difference. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818?auth=1

Making  progress after between 1- 2hours the wrapper finally started the install and actualy finished.

However I got this when opening FTX central.

Custom Files Validation Report
Custom file does not exist.
C:\flight sim\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_hybrid\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2.dds

FSX file does not exist.
C:\flight sim\Texture\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2.dds

C:\flight sim\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_hybrid\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2LM.dds

FSX file does not exist.
C:\flight sim\Texture\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2LM.dds

?

Ed

I could not find a version number, I reinstalled it on this, my new computer in September of this year from my FlightSim store account.

Vector has installed  but does does not show in FTC central. That is where I get this message, new with the vector install.  In addition  I have been getting  a scenery area error when I start FSX  (orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAA-ORBXLIBS\SCENERY) in scenery area .145 not found. Something that I have ignored because nothing strange shows in fsx, some obscure area I have not seen.

Is there a simple way of adding these scripts/files I assume vector should show in FTX central and not having them may effect adding future Orbx products?

I have to believe that part of the problem is downloading large files with our third world broadband speeds we have in our area of the US. 

Thanks again for all the help, the addition of vector certainly has been worth the effort.

Cheer from an  expat "Pommy B....d."

Nick

I downloaded and installed the update for Orbxlibrary and it  did eliminate the missing scenery area that show when I open FSX

it did not Eliminate the error report when I open FTX central however and vector does not show even though it did install.

"C:\flight sim\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_hybrid\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2.dds

FSX file does not exist.
C:\flight sim\Texture\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2.dds

C:\flight sim\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_hybrid\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2LM.dds

FSX file does not exist.
C:\flight sim\Texture\ORBX_OLCEU1_BLD2LM.dds

Where do I look for what  specific version of Orbx global, Vector and pacific northwest I have  installed so I can check against available updates that may fix these missing files that became apparent with the installation of vector, not that their absence seems to effect anything other than FTX central. 

Thanks Again

Archived