**NEW FEATURES** MUST READ ALL MEMBERS

Jay Kae

Just a few doubts if I may:

A] What about signatures? We had the chance to script a HIDE and SHOW button or click here (SPOILER). Does this work now?

B] How do you delete all NOTIFICATIONS messages? I currently have 9 entries I want to delete. 

C] Where do I insert my order number?

D] Is there a preview option before submitting a reply?

E] Is there a manual I could look for answers about these new configurations? Or are these custom made configurations I won't find anywhere?

F] How to not show an EDITed post message (Edited just now by ...)?

Cheers, :)

Edited by TheMan_RJ

14 hours ago, Jay Kae said:

,,,and a big one for me, something I always wanted to do ONLY you and staff can see the order number on your profile, noone else ..

Is this working yet?  Is it an optional thing, or is the new forum software supposed to remove someone's list of products?  I can still see everybody's order numbers and lists.

It's just a personal pet-peeve of mine, but it annoys the heck outta me when I see a post one sentence long followed by a list of "Look what I own!" that fills up an entire screen I have to scroll through to get to the next post. I'm happy the poster has all of those products, but how about getting those lists off of the main forum posts and if the user wants to show a list of everything they own they can put it in their member Profile pages or something.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is.  I just looked at the post above mine and while it has a "show hidden comments" box, I can click on the arrow and the order information shows up.  I am impartial to that feature, no reason to hide the info.  Besides, we were required to have at least one order showing up before and it didn't reveal anything personal.

-Jim

15 hours ago, Jay Kae said:

Ok, one of the most requested features was username change

ALL member can now change their user name ONCE per 90 days and for those who think they are smarties ;) Yes, we can see your username history

Other new features have to do with your limitations on the forums 10 rep has been lifted to 50 per day and rating topics is now activated in all areas for all members (where it is allowed)... and a big one for me, something I always wanted to do ONLY you and staff can see the order number on your profile, noone else .. anyway, it is now ... looks at watch... 2130 on Friday night I have been at it on and off, more on than off since yesterday 0600 so, it is time to snooze .. enjoy everyone .. oh and before you ask, no I am not done yet lol 

This may sound like a dumb question but what is a "rep"?

58 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Is this working yet?  Is it an optional thing, or is the new forum software supposed to remove someone's list of products?  I can still see everybody's order numbers and lists.

It's just a personal pet-peeve of mine, but it annoys the heck outta me when I see a post one sentence long followed by a list of "Look what I own!" that fills up an entire screen I have to scroll through to get to the next post. I'm happy the poster has all of those products, but how about getting those lists off of the main forum posts and if the user wants to show a list of everything they own they can put it in their member Profile pages or something.

The key word here is "Profile" not "Signature" all order numbers in a members Profile (left column - where your Username, Avatar, Member status, Post count, are seen) within a topic post are now hidden to other members. (many new members of the former IPS3  had an option to place their Order numbers in that location when creating their account and sometimes mistakenly placed product keys as well, in this location instead of the signature area) these are now hidden with new IPS4  platform. "Signature" order numbers are still visible to all (as requested for support), unless you choose to "hide" their contents (to reduce topic/post clutter) by use of the "eye icon" in the edit pane banner when you edit your signature, placing the Order number contents within the "hide" edit box. See my sig for example.

Edited by Jeff Gilmour
bad paragraph break
  • Upvote 1

Jeff, can you tell me how to do what you did with the "Reveal hidden contents"?  

I tried like crazy in my profile settings but I can't figure it out.

I like the way you did that and I'd like to do it too.

Thanks.

Jack

Disregard, I finally figured it out.  I like it.

Edited by JS07

32 minutes ago, JS07 said:

Jeff, can you tell me how to do what you did with the "Reveal hidden contents"?

I tried like crazy in my profile settings but I can't figure it out.

I like the way you did that and I'd like to do it too.

Thanks.

Jack

Hi Jack,
Sure, If you go to your username in the Forum Banner > click & select...................................................................................................................................

Disregard, I finally figured it out.  I like it.

EDIT: That's ok Jack, I was only part way into a response but I see you have got it working now, (looks good) but you could try to take out the large white space at the bottom, left over from where the original signature and system info were displayed.

Edited by Jeff Gilmour

13 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Jack,
Sure, If you go to your username in the Forum Banner > click & select...................................................................................................................................

EDIT: That's ok Jack, I was only part way into a response but I see you have got it working now, (looks good) but you could try to take out the large white space at the bottom, left over from where the original signature and system info were displayed.

Hi again Jeff, I fixed it, I like it, thanks!

One more thing, what is this "rep" I asked about above?  Does it stand for reputation?  How do I view it, what is it used for?

Thanks again.

11 hours ago, JS07 said:

Hi again Jeff, I fixed it, I like it, thanks!

One more thing, what is this "rep" I asked about above?  Does it stand for reputation?  How do I view it, what is it used for?

Thanks again.

Hi Jack,

White space removed looks good nice job.

As for the "rep" thingy, it does indeed stand for "reputation", (Green label/white number count on a Member Profile) much the same as the old IPS3 forum had a  "Like" button which generated an appreciation point for each liked post, I guess its a throwback for Facebook users who love to give things the thumbs-up or thumbs-down, it was a little boost from a support perspective to see that posted content had been helpful or a comment was appreciated with a "Like". However this Reputation facility has gone AWOL over the last 24hrs but the small green "Like" button and heart symbol counter remains. 

On 11/13/2015, 2:31:36, Jay Kae said:

... and a big one for me, something I always wanted to do ONLY you and staff can see the order number on your profile, noone else .. 

Jay Kae,

So I no longer need my order numbers in my signature?

When I click on "edit profile", I don't see a place to list my order numbers.  When I buy a new product, like SOCAL, where do I input the new number?

I like the new look :)

Matt