Density of Airports in Austrailia

BrettT

I purchased FTX Austrailia the other day and decided to set up a flight in Plan-G.  I was a bit surprised just how sparse Australia is with regards to the number of airports (at least how it appeared in Plan-G) especially in comparison to the other FTX regions I have (PNW, CRM, NRM, NCA) and especially with regards to the smaller airports.  Is this a FSX/P3D data base limitation (i.e. Microsoft only set up those airports)?  Is this really how Australia is?  Does FTX Australia add in more smaller airports and they just are not showing up in Plan-G?  I realize the center of Australia is largely desert but I was expecting to see more around the edges.  I am not looking to complain, just looking to make sure I have it setup right.

Any insight is appreciated

Thanks,

Brett

Thanks John and Dieter,

I knew Australia was sparsely populated, just didn't think it was as much as P3D/FSX would have you believe.  Even seemed a good bit less than just a listing of Australia airports in Wiki.  I will have to give the link a look.  Personally, I feel the smaller airports can be some of the most fun with the first challenge finding them :)

Thanks,

Brett

Also check out this site and you will see that there are a lot more airfields than one might think (these are all in Western Australia)   .http://www.alanblencowe.com/FSX/FSXindex.html

These fields alone will keep one busy for a long time. I had forgotten how much early Australian Aviation history is recorded on this site and I recommend all to have a read.

​

Archived