Orbxlibs for FTX Global and openLC Eu necessary?

Sensient

Hi guys

I just got FTX Global and openLC EU installied. My question is, whether the Orbxlibs are necessary for these products or are only used by airports. Should the not be necessary or advisable, I'm a happy camper. If the yare, installing them through FTX Central 2 is virtually impossible:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8keumfwtk57vpn4/07-10-_2015_15-57-49.png?dl=0

After some time, I get a timeout and FTX Central crashes.

I got the Libs via your site from a Google Drive and was wondering, should they be necessary, if there was an easy way to install them manually.

Thanks for your help and regards,

Mark

Mark,

I always download a copy of the latest libraries to my HD unzip it and when I run across the same problem you have with Central v2 I just stop the Central and use my unzipped latest libraries to install it manually.  Works every time.

Apologies for withholding an important piece of information. I have P3D v3. The normal installer doesn't work, since it won't find the directory.

Sorry for being stupid enough not to mention the most relevant piece of the puzzle.

Cheers,
Mark

Global are straight replacement for default texture why do you think you need libs LN-SMB?

If they were needed for Global/OLC do you think Orbx would have release half a product? We are talking P3D v3 

If they were needed for Global/OLC do you think Orbx would have release half a product?

Thanks for the answer. And no, I had not assumed they would, which never the less would've been an assumption. 

Hi there,

to answer the original question: yes, you do need to install the Orbx Libraries even with "just" Global Base and openLC as the landclass ground textures not only place generic building and vegetation autogen but also some custom library objects, like industrial buildings, farm equipment, etc. You probably wouldn't notice their absence without detailed comparisons but the sim will keep searching for these models every time that particular landclass tile is placed, which is an unneeded drag on resources.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger for your answer.

Any ideas, ony how this could be acomplished with the Installer, rather than the FTX Central Updater? I tried three times so far with FTX Central. The download speed and (most probably) unresponsive are causing timeouts, which make it, as originally stated,impossible to download the library.

Cheers,
Mark

Wow,

Well I apologize, I had no idea lib's were needed for just Global, think I've ran P3d 2.5 all this time with none.

I used the Center last night and it installed the libs. The difference at my local airport (with no addon airport installed) was clear to see, I suddenly had lines of tree's I had not go before.

My apologizes. 

Archived