No trees Pago Pago International FTX

George.S

Hi there guys,

having a problem with Pago Pago International Airport NSTU FTX, where everything appears apart from the trees. I have updated my FTX Central 2 updater, which was advised in another forum, but there is no change. 

Regards,

George

Hi George,

To fix the missing trees at NSTU Pago Pago do this:

1 - download the latest Orbxlibs installer from here: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs
2 - once downloaded, unzip and run the installer by double-clicking on it
3 - Open up FTXCentral 2, (should be an icon on the desktop)
4 - Select [Global] group and press 'Apply Group'
5 - you should now have the custom Samoan trees in American Samoa

Cheers!

I have tried to download the Orbx Libraries but about half way through a message appears saying 'Can not open file 'C:users\Laptop\Downloads\FTXORBXLIBS_150815(1).zip' as archive'. Slightly confused by this and unsure what to do?

Hi George,

Can you confirm that after unzipping and installing the Orbxlibs you also completed the following steps?:

Because essentially (in laymans terms) what this does is ensure you have the latest version of the Autogendescriptions.spb file, located in FSX/Autogen

Hi George,

Can you try running through the steps again?

1 - download the latest Orbxlibs installer from here: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs
2 - once downloaded, unzip and run the installer by double-clicking on it

The process ought be foolproof, so I'm rather puzzled as to why its not worked for you

Well I'm officially stumped 8)

I have attached the latest version of the Autogendescriptions.SPB below, download it, unzip and drop into FSX\Autogen

If you now get trees (at NSTU)  its certainly something local to your system that is preventing FTXCentral or Orbxlibs from working correctly, perhaps an over zealous anti-virus

AutogenDescriptions.zip

You can certainly reinstall NSTU, (delete FTX_AA_NSTU folder located in FSX\ORBX\FTX_PI\)

But only the actual 'placement' files are in the NSTU package, the Autogen trees models and textures are supplied through the Orbxlibs installer

Clutching at straws:

- Autogen slider on maximum?

- Move the FTX_AA_NSTU folder to the top of the list in the FSX Scenery library (in case there is some local suppression or conflict with another product)

- Have any 3rd party scenery installed in this general area..i.e south pacific?

- Take a screenshot at NSTU and a screenshot at NSFA and post both up http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

We'll figure this out!

Hi George,

OK great, so you have the normal FTXGlobal autogen showing, but no custom autogen trees in American Samoa, which is most odd considering this all ships with the Orbxlibs, I'm going to seek help from Ed the installer man on this one, stay tuned

@ Jack, yes that is correct

Hi George, the report shows that you have all the files present so we're not sure what the issue is. It could be a conflict somewhere. Are you able to deactivate your non-Orbx addons to see if it makes a difference? Just unticking them in the scenery library will achieve this.

Not sure if its a limitation of the report but the FTX Central log file shows that it hasn't been used for a few weeks. Could you also try switching and applying between the Global and North America groups.

Hi Ed, I predominantly fly with just orbx scenery ticketed ie global or na northern california with 2 airports dependant on where im flying. Iv also tried changing between the two regions and it seems to make no difference.

George 

I only have an option for Global and northern California and within those the orbx airport addons

Not really sure what else to suggest. You have the correct files and scenery library entries as well.

There must some conflict there but I cannot see what it is.

What I'll do later today is prep a placement file for you to check something. I'll post it here with some instructions.

Hi both, again thanks for the speedy replies. Ed that sounds great just let me know il be sure to follow instructions. Tim, I have had a look in FSX/Autogen and everything there is okay, with the exact same files that are in the photo. 

Lets talk more about the conflict issues then. Your aware im an inexperienced flight simmer but what should i be looking for with a conflict issue?

I understand if nothing can done but i sure am grateful for your efforts.

G'day George, 

One of the important aspects from Tim's photo is the "date modified" - could you confirm what the date modified for your copy of the file autogendesciptions.spb is? This shouldn't be confused with "date created" or "date last accessed" - if you don't see the information in the folder itself, you can right click the file and select properties. Also something else to check, could you go to your Flight Simulator X/scenery/Global/scenery and confirm that the file ORBX_PI_AGN_Trees.bgl is present, and also go to Flight Simulator X/scenery/Global/texture and confirm there are two files there; Orbx_AS_veg_1.dds and Orbx_AS_veg_2.dds.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived