FTX Global gone default (FSX)

limacharlie

Hi, guys.  When I first purchased and installed FTX Global base pack, it worked perfectly.  Now for some strange reason, it's gone back to default.  Earlier today I was flying into KDCA and I also noticed that the Pentagon is back to default FSX, it wasn't like this after I had installed the base back.  It's not only the Pentagon, it's the entire planet that has gone back to default.  How can I get it running back up again?  Thanks!

Oh, and I forget to mention it's the same thing for FTX Trees HD.  All trees in FSX are back to their default state.

The only reason that I can see for the whole textures set reverting to default is activating a repair. It is not like a switch, all the textures have to be swapped and it is a lot of Gb. Repair does it.   Or maybe a devious  :) installer of a third party addon did it (less likely).

Global and TreesHD just don't disappear, something else has removed them. Have you done a Repair or installed some other addons recently, payware or freeware?

Have you tried reinstalling?

Hi, Ed.  Nope, no repair.  I've installed Flightbeams KIAD HD (payware), and I also installed the latest Couatl Beta 3 installer.

Couatl (a beta to the boot)  looks like a prime suspect. Did I say "devious installer of a third party addon" in my earlier post :lol: . As it updates their sceneries, It may also "repair" what it sees as missing textures and bring back the default set  ? You should post on their forum. Virtuali is a very nice guy, but since the days of Cloud9 (outstanding aircraft in FS9 btw, I still miss their aborted Caravelle) , I'm wary of his installers.

Hi there,

it's probably a good idea to post some representative screenshots of the issue. As others mentioned, it's pretty much impossible to suddenly revert several thousand textures in \Scenery\World\texture back to the default version.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, I'm not sure I understand the reference to the default Pentagon; Global base is strictly limited to replacing the default landclass ground textures and does not touch any of the default 3D models like the Pentagon.

Cheers, Holger

Archived