Trees on runway - YQNS

DrJebus

G'day,

I have a similar issue although do not have global or vector, so this fix didn't help.

Whilst flying into YQNS as I popped through some heavy fog after several reports of runway not sighted I canceled the IFR and did a low flyby via GPS and the reason i couldn't see it is the runway was covered in trees.

The only product I own is FTX AU SP4.

TIA

#20 icon_share.pngHolger Sandmann

Geospatial Lead

• photo-thumb-375.jpg?_r=0
  • Moderators
  • staff.png
  • 7,828 posts
  • LocationSidney, BC, just east of CYYJ

Posted Today, 02:14 AM

Hi DrJebus,

welcome to Orbx.

Generally it's not a good idea to tag your question onto another user's thread, in particular if it's not about the same add-ons. In any case if a single airport has "autogen encroachment" issues then the likely cause is that another add-on exclude its background grass polygon. Temporarily deactivate all third-party add-on that are located above the Orbx FTX block in your scenery library and/or search your entire FSX directory for airport .bgl files using the "*YQNS*" search term.

Cheers, Holger

G'day I didn't wish to clog up the forums with another topic discussion start, however I'll take your advice.

I do not run any further scenery mods or addons with the exception of most Orbx AU Airports which of Queenstown in Tasmania is not one of them and only one other 3rd party program being REX4 which affects the weather and not autogen land to my knowledge.

REX4 did supply an option to change to a HD grass texture which with that and also the standard texture in place the issue still continues....

My FSX:SE runs only the FTX - AU SP4 with the FSX settings set by the FTX - AU manual recommendations.

My Scenery library priorities currently are -

FTXAA_Airports,

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS,

then follows on to other FTXAA airports from Orbx,

FTXAI_Traffic, FTXau05_Roads, FTXAU15_Scenery, FTXAU16_Shores,FTXAU_custom... this repeats itself through to

FTXAU_Custom,

Addon scenery,

propeller objects,

global generic veh libraries,

Oceania,

Australia,

Asia,

then to #### Base repeated all the way to default scenery and terrain...

Any further ideas to solve the issue?

Hi there,

everything sounds OK from your description. I assume the search for .bgl files with a "YQNS" search term didn't yield any results? 

Perhaps a screenshot or two of the issue would help with further diagnosis; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Not sure if this helps, as I was in P3D. I thought I hadn't visited OZ (particularly Tasmania) for a while - so I visited the Tasmanian version of Queenstown. All looked good to me! I don't have Global or anything - just FTX AU and the NZ pair for that area.

I have to test out some FSX/DX10 stuff shortly so will re-run the test then.

Adam.

This looks like the same sort of issue as the airport background is not showing

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/100325-ftx-au-landclass-issue-fsx/

If you could check your terrain.cfg file (located in your sim's root folder) and look for the entries mentioned by Holger here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/100325-ftx-au-landclass-issue-fsx/#entry907608

If this is the issue (the Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1 is missing) this will be resolved in the next FTX Central update.

You can for now add those lines to the following entry in the cfg file

// Airport Backgrounds (FSX) - Flatten + MaskClassMap + ExcludeAutoGen

[Texture.164]

The issue has self resolved, I'm not aware of what was causing it however I decided to install the AU mesh.
I thought that this would have been within the FTX - AU SP4 package (Please correct me if I'm wrong) so I installed the AU mesh and after that reinstalled the libraries.

Visited YQNS again and there are no trees on the runway, even if the landclass looked some what odd almost like there was another small grass strip... but that's okay I'm happy that it is at least possible to continue to fly there when needed.

Thanks for your time.

Doc

Archived