FTX AU (Landclass issue) FSX

yakyak

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with FTX AU.  After flying into some non-ORBX airports I have noticed some very strange landclass (I think) problems.  Essentially around those non-ORBX airports there are houses and other inaccurate land tiles up to the taxiways, aprons and runways.  I've attached 4 images from YPAD, YMIA, YSBK and YPPH.  I've also included images of the products installed and the order they are in my FSX install.

YPAD

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/50X

YMIA

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/50U

YSBK

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5FN

YPPH

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5FG

Installed products

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5F6

Product install order

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/50v

I have reset FTX Central 2 back to default and back to Oceania several times with no luck.  I don't have OzX installed and or any third party meshes or LC other than Holgermesh and FTX AU.  I do have other non-ORBX airports but they are all disabled for purpose of this.

What can I do to fix this problem as it wasn't like this before....unfortunately I'm not sure when this started happening as I don't spend a lot of time flying into or out of non-ORBX airports.  I only noticed it when flying VFR over YCTM (which BTW exhibits the same problem).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nick,

looks like one of those 101 entries above your FTX block is excluding the grass polygons for the airports; it's a matter of looking for the most likely candidates and then temporarily unchecking those to hone in on the entry that causes the issue. If it affects several airports then it's unlikely to be a local scenery add-on but it often comes down to trial and error. Keep in mind that you can de-/reactivate those entries during a flight (in Pause or Slew mode) so it's fairly easy to check and uncheck blocks of entries.

Alternatively, a quick check whether the issue has anything to do with your FTX AU installation is to move the FTX block to the top of your scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Have just moved the FTX block to the top and still have the same issue.  All other non-ORBX scenery's are disabled apart from the standard FSX entries.  Where to go from here?

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

FTX AU doesn't alter the default airports so I doubt it's an installation issue with it. On the other hand, if the airport backgrounds aren't being excluded by some other add-on then perhaps they aren't drawn in the first place (which would indicate an issue with terrain.cfg). That would have to be a global issue though; have you noticed the same problem at default airports outside of Australia?

Also, when you look at the affected airports from ground level, is the terrain undulating or still perfectly flat? The default grass polygons are also flatten polygons at the same time.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks again for the quick reply Holger.  I've just checked and without FTXAU enabled YSBK and YPPH look normal.  Additionally, KBUF, KIND and several other non Australian airports also looks normal with FTX AU disabled.

OK..this is where it gets weird.  After checking KBUF and KIND with FTX AU enabled the problem returns.  It seems that enabling FTXAU is affecting other airports.

I've included the screenshots.  Also checked at ground level and there is no undulating terrain....all flat.  Can you offer some further assistance please.

YSBK without FTX AU

YSBKnoFTXAU.jpg

YPPH without FTX AU

YPPHnoFTXAU.jpg

KBUF with FTX AU

KBUFFTXAUenabled.jpg

KIND with FTX AU

KINDFTXAUenabled.jpg

Hi Holger,

I've done some further investigation since my last post and found that the problem I'm experiencing occurs when I enable FTX Oceania (in my case FTX AU, FTXNZNI and FTXNZSI) using FTX Central 2.  When I enable FTX Oceania using FTX Central 2 it updates the terrain.cfg file at one line only.  FTX Central 2 changes the following line in the terrain.cfg file.  See the RED text below for lines of interest.

Without FTX Oceania enabled (Default)

// Airport Backgrounds (FSX) - Flatten + MaskClassMap + ExcludeAutoGen
[Texture.164]
Name=Airport_Backgrounds_Flatten_MaskClassMap_ExcludeAutoGen
Color=FFFFFF00
guid={46BFB3BD-CE68-418E-8112-FEBA17428ACE}
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=51000
LandClassRemapType=airport
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=No
RenderPriority=20000
Water=No

With FTX Oceania enabled (FTXAU, FTXNZNI and FTXNZSI)

// Airport Backgrounds (FSX) - Flatten + MaskClassMap + ExcludeAutoGen
[Texture.164]
Name=Airport_Backgrounds_Flatten_MaskClassMap_ExcludeAutoGen
Color=FFFFFF00
guid={46BFB3BD-CE68-418E-8112-FEBA17428ACE}
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=51000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=No
RenderPriority=20000
Water=No

This lines up with what you alluded to earlier in this thread.  What has caused this to happen and what must I do to fix it from this end...or is it something that ORBX needs to fix.  Appreciate your ongoing input into this problem.

Hi Nick,

those changes are intended and won't have the effect you're seeing in your screenshots. However, in order to work correctly the Oceania version of that terrain.cfg block also needs to have an additional line:

Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1

Do you not see that line in your terrain.cfg file with Oceania activated? If so try adding it in manually at the end of that block.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your continued support.  Looking through the terrain.cfg file I did not have the line "Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1".  I added it to the block you suggested and everything was back to normal.  Thanks!!!!

As a final check, I disabled FTX Oceania and the lines "LandClassRemapType=none" and "Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1" were modified.  "LandClassRemapType=none" was changed to "LandClassRemapType=airport" and "Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1" was removed.  I suspect this is correct behaviour.

After enabling FTX Oceania again, the line "LandClassRemapType=airport" was correctly changed to "LandClassRemapType=none".......but "Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1" was not added.  Based on what you have indicated, it seems my FTX Central 2 is not performing all of what it is meant to do i.e. failing to add the line "Textures=GRASS_SKIRTING_1". 

What are your thoughts on this Holger and what can I do to ensure FTX Central 2 is operating fully?

Hi chaps.

Same issue for me.

If I enable Oceania in FTX Central 2, the default FS loaded flight airfield has no grass texture. Disable Oceania, and problem is gone.

Will apply manual fix as mentioned.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived