Are there still issues with UTX?

Thanks for your answer Dominique although I am not sure I understand your strange English. I had heard, elsewhere, that there could be conflicts and perhaps I didn't word my question quite correctly. However, I don't believe that laughing at me and my question was necessary. Some of us are not software engineers or software "geeks". Some of us just use the software and trust that it works for us. For me, Ultimate Terrain X works well and, with a new computer, more memory and graphics, I want to try and add airport scenery. So far, I have found few of those that I have tried actually work well with my set up. As I said, I am not a software expert and never professed to be. I think my question is legitimate and an answer that just makes fun is not helpful and could have not been added.

I do not think you need  a Ph. D. in Computer Engineering to understand the grin you see on our faces.

OrbX freeware are designed to fit into the OrbX world by construction : Global , Vector and Open LC. They are a gift from OrbX to the community of customers and also a means to encourage new sales. If you buy Global you get more than 300 airports free, all over Europe and the US/Canada in the bargain. Nice, isn't it ! You buy GEX or UT, you get nothing...

So now you ask whether these OrbX freeware work with UT which is the direct competitor of Vector and OpenLC? If there are "still issues" ? They are not made for that purpose. As Dough said earlier, you're free to try, at your own risk though.

Now, I am sorry for my "strange" English, I'm French, you see. You know the French, they don't speak English so well :lol: !

Two years ago, I was finally able to visit my (2nd) cousin and her niece, both of whom live in Paris.  I was pleasantly surprised how good their English was.  Rumors concerning the French not speaking English so well are greatly exaggerated!  (IMHO)   :D

They are indeed free, so you won't lose anything by trying, but bear in mind that Orbx freeware products are designed to be used with the Orbx pay ware range.

In this case, the European freeware airports are designed to work along with FTX Global (payware).

If there are any incompatibilities between our Freeware and any other packages (such as UTX as per your question), this is not something we would provide either support, nor advice for, simply because ad previously stated, our freeware is designed to be used within our payware product boundaries.

I do not think you need  a Ph. D. in Computer Engineering to understand the grin you see on our faces.

OrbX freeware are designed to fit into the OrbX world by construction : Global , Vector and Open LC. They are a gift from OrbX to the community of customers and also a means to encourage new sales. If you buy Global you get more than 300 airports free, all over Europe and the US/Canada in the bargain. Nice, isn't it ! You buy GEX or UT, you get nothing...

So now you ask whether these OrbX freeware work with UT which is the direct competitor of Vector and OpenLC? If there are "still issues" ? They are not made for that purpose. As Dough said earlier, you're free to try, at your own risk though.

Now, I am sorry for my "strange" English, I'm French, you see. You know the French, they don't speak English so well :lol: !

You are sure a tough nail. Disapprove even as a big ORBX customer. This fellow poster might be a future FTX customer, wrong attitude.

Archived