Windows 10

bailout3

I haven't found any with the technical preview and the only problem I have

ever had with Windows 8 is the well known controller drop out.

This is permanently fixed by using FSUIPC, leaving no other problems other than

UIAutomationCore.dll, which affects users of Windows 7 as well.

I (hope and) expect the RTM version of Windows 10 to be trouble free as far as FSX is

concerned.

i have been using windows 10 since beta back in october,everything is about cleaned up and polished from what i have seen on my current build, the only issue i have sometimes is pinning icons to the new start menu,the os is more hybrid than windows 8.1.it feels as if everything from the control panel in windows 7 is all being moved around in a cloud based look and feel.as far as p3d and fsx, both work with no issues on build 10136.i believe the release build will be 10200, but i could be wrong.no disconnecting hardware problems like windows 8 had.another thing that bothers me, but i can live with.windows update in windows 10 forces updates,there is no way to turn it off or decide what updates will be installed on your pc.let me correct myself i don't like it at all.i believe its a way to keep everyone on the same version of windows.if you are on windows 8 now, you will be able to save all your apps and settings during the upgrade.alot of new features have been added such as cortana, the new windows browser, microsoft edge.it feels much smoother.for someone like me, you can pin all your orbx and flight sim icons to the start menu and can resize them, thats a big plus for a clutter free desktop.look on winbeta and you will see all the hype.

..."another thing that bothers me, but i can live with.windows update Windows10 forces updates,there is no way to turn it off or decide what updates will be installed on your pc.let me correct myself i don't like it at all.i believe its a way to keep everyone on the same version of windows"....

I believe the "forced update" issue only applies to users of Windows Home. Windows Professional/Enterprise users will still be able to defer the updates. The business community wouldn't have it any other way.

That said, I believe that forcing updates to the Home user is going to be a huge issue. I can't imagine anyone wanting every driver/optional/whatever update which MS pushes out there. Or, what happens after the first release of a "bad" security, or other, update (yes it does happen)?

If I was running the Home version I wouldn't upgrade at all.

Doug

Thanks all for your input....I guess for me it will be a wait and see for the first while...just to make sure there isn't any unwanted glitches. The forced updates is a not a feature I would want and that will be enough for me from moving to win10.

Remember MS says you have up to a year to get the free upgrade to 10 - so unless you really need some aspect of Win10 now, you could wait to see how it works in reality. up to a year after its release.....  I'll wait - My Window 7 works extremely well.    Howard

Archived