Juneau has a sister in Norway...

... which I did not expect when I started this flight in Trondheim. Quite a busy place...

2015-6-3_19-49Trondheim.jpg

... with a fantastic take-off over the sea:

2015-6-3_20-18-18-265.jpg

2015-6-3_20-19-3-130.jpg

Onboard entertainment: The Svartisen glaciers.

2015-6-3_20-51Svartisenglaciers.jpg

And here we come: Due to the mountains, the approach is curved like in Juneau (ok, here we come from the left side, not from the right) ... plus the occasional Norwegian clouds:

2015-6-3_21-15approach.jpg

The ILS would lead you directly to the runway, which is not what you can do. But we are all low & slow pilots - manual flying is our passion, isn´t it?

2015-6-3_21-17Bodofinal.jpg

Done. Nearly.

2015-6-3_21-18Bodo.jpg

Nice shots. Ever since I purchased Norway, and many other titles during the last sale, I've been in love with her. What's awesome about it is the fact that there's a tremendous amount of great freeware

addon scenery/airports available as well as a few fine payware titles, especially the new ones from Aerosoft. :)

Very nice captures mate !

excellent stuff mate..love the VC shot

Stu

Nice shots. Ever since I purchased Norway, and many other titles during the last sale, I've been in love with her. What's awesome about it is the fact that there's a tremendous amount of great freeware

addon scenery/airports available as well as a few fine payware titles, especially the new ones from Aerosoft. :)

These are a great set indeed.

cheers

Iain

Smashing shots Gerold !! .

Cheers

Brad

Very nice, can't wait to install and try out this weekend.

Thanks to you all. And lots of pleasure to those who will experience the scenery by themselves. I have found some surprising approaches already, may they be curved (like this one) or on plateaus (Haukasen). 

I do not know if the market would be big enough to justify more payware (we can compare with England...). Or if some freeware teaser would help (as we got them for AU and NA).

Archived