What does this mean?

Hi.

I'm trying to install FTX Global into FSX Steam. On the options page of I select Microsoft Flight Simulator and the n click next.

I then get:

Error

Radio Buttons 01 > On Next, Line 10: Augment 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1:[Radio Buttons 01] Line:10 in main chunk.

Only a few days ago this installed into FSX classic perfectly well.

What's wrong?

I was getting that error and deleted the FTX Central folder in my user account.  I reinstall FTX Libraries, which recreated FTX Central Version 2 and the error message disappeared. I only have FSX-SE on the computer.  I have installed a few Orbx products since then with no problems.

Firstly, I've set Co-existence to 0 and started FSX Steam. AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ and AppData\Local\Microsoft\ each now contain a folder named FSX.

This has created are two entries in the register under HKEY_CURRENT_USER:

• software/microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator
  • software/microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator – Steam Edition.

The AppPath entry in both is "C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\...".

(There are no similar entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. The FSX Reg Utility seems to expect them but I'm not certain if I need them).

So far so good.

There is no FTX Central folder in my user account, so I presume that I've already removed it.

I then attempt to install the libraries using FTXORBXLIBS_150331.exe and I still get the radio buttons error.

I've done a bit more reading on the forum and several posts mention a Setup Path. I can find no such entry in the registry either under Flight Simulator or Flight Simulator – Steam Edition.

So I've backed up the registry and added add a SetupPath in both of these folders and supply "C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\" as the path name.

But I'm still getting the same error.

Cheers.

Pontius.

Sorry Nick.

I saw the entry about the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE entry but I think I misread it and added the key to HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead.

There is  now green bar extending across a square on my monitor :)

FTX Global is now backing up my textures...

I'll leave this open for the time being, just in case, but It appears to be working.

Pontius.

Right.

All of the scenery is on and I've seen no sign of ground morphing so far.

as for FSX Steam, the promise of increased frame rates is yet to be fulfilled. But that's a  mater for someone else.

Thanks for your help folks.

Over and out.

Pontius.

Archived