Monument Valley Terrain not working?

Hey guys, I seem to run in to this everytime I install a new airport, and previously it has been resolved by making sure to install the latest ORBX libs after installing the airport, but this time it did not work. I installed Monument valley, and then updated libs with version 150331.  But I still have terrain that is all mish-mashed. I know I probably messed up, but I'm not sure where. 

Here are my shots... http://1drv.ms/1Rs7XHU

Thanks Tiger, but it only helped a little. LOL! I added UT25 to the "Disabled" list, but now instead of having a 100' deep pit and no runway, its only about 3' deep and still no runway...when I taxi the aircraft on to where the painted runway should be there is a dirt runway, and my aircraft wheels are a few feet below the surface.  I tried to re-enable it and it went back same as before.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks Tiger, but it only helped a little. LOL! I added UT25 to the "Disabled" list, but now instead of having a 100' deep pit and no runway, its only about 3' deep and still no runway...when I taxi the aircraft on to where the painted runway should be there is a dirt runway, and my aircraft wheels are a few feet below the surface.  I tried to re-enable it and it went back same as before.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Tom

I'll try & take another look at this later today.

Have to work on the C4 Corvette as Driver's window won't go up.

& its wet here.

B-gger

TTM

Have you loaded Monument Valley SP1??

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96748-ftx-monument-valley-sp1/

Also have a look at your scenery library.

I fixed a couple of issues by following an Orbx instruction on how it should be set up via FTX Central V2.

FTX should be above openLC. Mine wasn't.

Let me know if you need the instructions & I will try & find them

TTM

Thanks for helping me out here...and good luck with your vette! I added some more screenies to this link--> http://1drv.ms/1Rs7XHU 

I installed monument Valley SP1 and ORBX LIBS  and moved my ORBX!OPENLC_BASE and ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 to positions further down below all of the FTX sceneries, but there is still no change. weird.

I'm nearly at the head scratching stage. not sure if this will help, but all FTX should be above all openLC.

This is one way to do it:

Open FTX Central V2

It can be on Global/Hybrid, or NAmerica

Click on Settings

Click Tools

Click Library Insertion Points

Click & hold on FTX & drag it to top of list. Release

Save changes

Good luck.

If that doesn't work, long shot, but have a look in FTX Central V2 & find Monument Valley [can't remember if its in NA or Global], & see if there is an "Adobe" symbol on the descriptor  label at the right hand side.

If not, may not be properly installed.

Also, check Central Rockies for same thing.

Should be a "Can't Find" warning if click on an area in FTX Central V2 that is not set up properly. If you get this, reinstall.

If this doesn't work suggest you search Forums for "Monument Valley" as other folk have had issues & you may find a clue reading their posts & advice they received.

TTM

I'm nearly at the head scratching stage. not sure if this will help, but all FTX should be above all openLC.

This is one way to do it:

Open FTX Central V2

It can be on Global/Hybrid, or NAmerica

Click on Settings

Click Tools

Click Library Insertion Points

Click & hold on FTX & drag it to top of list. Release

Save changes

Good luck.

If that doesn't work, long shot, but have a look in FTX Central V2 & find Monument Valley [can't remember if its in NA or Global], & see if there is an "Adobe" symbol on the descriptor  label at the right hand side.

If not, may not be properly installed.

Also, check Central Rockies for same thing.

Should be a "Can't Find" warning if click on an area in FTX Central V2 that is not set up properly. If you get this, reinstall.

If this doesn't work suggest you search Forums for "Monument Valley" as other folk have had issues & you may find a clue reading their posts & advice they received.

TTM

Thanks I used your first suggestion and slid FTX to the top of the insertion points list, and that unfortunately didn't help. I did see the Adobe icon next to Monument valley, but my "Central Rockies" needs to be updated according to FTX Central 2, so I'm running that now. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you again for your continued help.

There is a specific location in the library for all open LC files, don't move from these locations. Further info in the Open LC. PDF guide And here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

Thanks for letting me know. I had already moved them, but for whatever reason it didn't save, so they are back in their original locations, and agree with the insertion points set with FTX Central 2; just above Default Scenery. I'm in the process of updating my FTX sceneries, to see if that helps. Do I need to re-install ORBX LIBS after applying updates? I'll do it anyway, couldn't hurt. Thanks again.  I remember when I used to be one of the go-to guys helping others with all their FSX issues, and I've fallen behind the times I guess. Now I'm always asking for help rather than giving it. Adding sceneries and aircraft is so much more complex than it used to be!

Well, that's a shame as the scenery is quite spectacular.

Have a look at this that was posted by Doug, might help.

It's his action list when he loads new scenery.

Assumes you have FSX Deluxe with SP2 or Acceleration, or equivalent.

- Set FTX Central to Global, check Hybrid box, then click Apply.

- Make sure mesh resolution is set at 5m.

- Reinstall the latest Orbx Libs.

- Do a scenery cache flush. {Not sure how to do this, I think  you shut FSX down & start it again}

- Run the Auto AEC tool in Vector, click Apply

TTM

• 1 month later...

So I updated all of my global base and vector, then switched FTX Central to NA and updated central rockies with SP3 and SP4 and then ORBX LIBS agaain, and there is still no change.  Poop.  I don't want to fly here this bad... jeez.

The Auto Elevation Configurator worked like a charm! Thanks!

The Auto Elevation Configurator worked like a charm! Thanks!

I take that back!   UUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!  It worked for like 5 minutes, I flew away from UT25 with all the elevations working great, and I came back about 5 minutes later for a T&G, and its all messed up again... WTF? Seriously!

• 2 weeks later...

The link to tiger's screenshots doesn't work for me as I don't have an account at One Drive apparently.  But if the ''mismashed'' scenery is floating buttes etc. there is a fix for that problem.  If your running Utah Complete scenery you have to disable a file in that scenery.

Open Utah Complete in your Addon Scenery folder of FSX, look in the scenery sub-folder for a file named:

cvxLAKEPOWELL.BGL

Disable this file.  (I just added an .OFF extension to the filename)  If your running Utah Complete scenery this file for some reason effects the Monument Vally area scenery from FTX.  If the 'mismash' is not floating buttes then I'm not sure of the problem as I can't see your screenshots.

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys, I'm back at it... Again with Monument valley... This was previously unresolved, but I'm going to call this a NEW issue, although it is technically the same. The differences this time is my hardware and method of installation.

I just switched to a new PC... Its a doozie, and I'm seeing smoking fast frames with sliders up and everything selected in each sceneries configuration tool which is awesome, but I'm again having the issue with bad layering at monument valley. 

My new machine is as follows: Alienware windows 10, running sixth gen core i7's at 3.7ghz. 16GB ram, and an Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU. I installed in this order: FSX, SP1, Acceleration, FSUIPC4, FSX Water Configurator, REX4, REX Soft Clouds, ORBX Global Base, Global Vector, Global Freeware airports, and ORBX Libs... I then transferred all of my purchases from FSS to ORBX and installed FTX Central 3. I used FTX Central 3 to download and install FTX PNW and my PNW Airports. I did not install ANY of my AU regions or airports yet..

Everything seems to have installed fine except monument valley again. Being that this is a new computer I have NO other scenery addons installed but ORBX (unless it came with an aircraft). MY scenery library is layered as follows:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS 

FTX_AA_1S2

FTX_AA_1WA6

FTX_AA_2W3

FTX_AA_2WA1

FTX_AA_3W5

FTX_AA_65S

FTX_AA_74S

FTX_AA_7S3

FTX_AA_CZST

FTX_AA_KBID

FTX_AA_KBVS