KPSP - Runway lights invisible

Lukehall

Hi,

I've searched and found a couple of other posts relating to this last year. I have just purchased and installed into P3D 2.5 and have found that the runway lights are so dim as to be effectively invisible.

This is the case during any season and any time of night.

KPSP control panel shows runways lights at 100% intensity.

I have tried various GPU driver versions and many alternative AA settings etc - nothing has helped. Also tried changing Orbx lights between day/night and running hybrid on/off. No joy.

Can anyone shed some light? (excuse the pun).

Many thanks!

Luke

lights.jpg

I think there's a fix on the way from Jarrad, along with the taxiway lights at KMRY.

Stew

Thanks Stew. 

Is anyone from Orbx able to confirm that the problem is recognised and if so, hint at an ETA for a fix? I'm not meaning to be pushy but I saw threads here discussing the problem back in November last year and I believe that a fix was being promised back then.

It's a lovely add on and I can't wait to use it at night too!  :smile:

Best wishes,

Luke

G'day Luke,

Apologies for missing your post on Sunday - just come across this. Your initial problem (fixed in your last shot) was most likely related to a missing/broken objectflow .dll (this is distributed via the our ORBXlibs). Your last shot indicates that the main runway edge lights aren't visible, these use a different style of lighting to the undershoot/overshoot and taxi edge lights. Could you please confirm that you have a couple of files installed in the correct location:

1. \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\effects\fx_Orbx_KMRY_Rwy_White_100.fx

2. \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\effects\texture\fx_orbx_KBZN_1.bmp

For reference, I've attached a shot from my setup - P3D at the same spot as yours.

Let me know how you go,

Jarrad

KPSP_P3D2_LM.jpg

G'day Luke,

I'm not sure what is causing the .fx to not display for you, so in lieu of that I've attached a set of alternate rwy light models for you use:

1. Switch your KPSP light effects to 100% in the control panel (very important)

2. Download and unzip the attachment, drop the .bgl into your \Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery folder, replacing the existing file. 

nb. this will only affect the 100% light option, all others (85, 50 etc) will remain as per their original versions. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Westsim_KPSP_Library_RwyFX_100.zip

Hi Jarrad,

Thanks -  that has given me some lights! I'm as baffled as you now....

Out of interest, are there any other airports using the previously mentioned effects files? I wonder if they are working properly at other locations?

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

Archived