Can't download any of the AI files

Every time I try to download one of the AI files I get an error 522 saying that the connection timed out at myftx.com.  It doesn't matter which of the six files I try to download, I get the same error.  It also doesn't matter what time of day I try, and I've been trying since Sunday ...

Greetings All,

Jay Kae, I guess there are advantages to a b*tt slow broadband connection then; IF I can connect, I can download it... ;D

Respectfully,

Brian

Rockin' the interweb at 700 Kbps!

Unconfirmed ...

What the hell do you mean "unconfirmed" ?  I had the problem all day Sunday, Monday and Tuesday DESPITE doing all the things that you've now suggested.  If I hadn't repeated the exercise several times and got the same result every time, I wouldn't have bothered making my original post.  You may be a technical wizard and do a great deal of good for Ozx, FSS and Orbx, but there are times when your ability at customer relations sucks big time ...

FWIW, yes, all the files are now available again.  Whether that's because of something you did after my original post or because some periodic exercise (such as a server reboot) has cleared the issue, I doubt we'll ever know.  I do know that I'll never bother reporting a technical issue at Ozx, FSS or here in the future.

Sorry but there is a problem with myftx. Having done all the suggested things i am in the same position as before. There is a timeout and the message is the same each time. i have been trying to download the AI packs which are only offered on myftx.com. I can go to other freeware like airports but if I choose myftx.com as the download point it times out but at least the airports have 3 choices of download source, MY FTX(dont work) ORBX CLOUD (works)or GOOGLE DRIVE(works).

Please put the AI packages on either of the non "patch server" myftx.com, cos it is broke. Nothing at all to do with stale caches on my PC it is a HOST error. My complaint is only with freeware that give on myftx as the download source so that is where the problem needs to be looked at as far as I am concerned.

Fro my perspective to say I cannot download ANY freeware is not correct, only offerings that are only offered on myftx.

Error 522 Ray ID: 1e54ebb8c22d13ad • 2015-05-12 08:58:30 UTC Connection timed outYou Browser WorkingLondon CloudFlare Workingmyftx.com Host 

Greetings Jjacee1,

That error usually occurs when there is a dropped link between one of the international, oceanic servers and the Great Land of OZ. When I get a similar error, out of San Francisco, I usually can't reach ANY website in Australia, much less the Orbx or  FFS sites. I see it a few times a month, but haven't tracked it to a specific weather pattern, High usage (like during sales) or other explainable reason... 8)

Respectfully,

Brian

What the hell do you mean "unconfirmed" ? I had the problem all day Sunday, Monday and Tuesday DESPITE doing all the things that you've now suggested. If I hadn't repeated the exercise several times and got the same result every time, I wouldn't have bothered making my original post. You may be a technical wizard and do a great deal of good for Ozx, FSS and Orbx, but there are times when your ability at customer relations sucks big time ...

FWIW, yes, all the files are now available again. Whether that's because of something you did after my original post or because some periodic exercise (such as a server reboot) has cleared the issue, I doubt we'll ever know. I do know that I'll never bother reporting a technical issue at Ozx, FSS or here in the future.

Speak to me like that again after you come of your 3 day time out and it will be deletion, no more, no less, there is never a need for personal attacks

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97949-enough-is-enough/

Sorry but there is a problem with myftx. Having done all the suggested things i am in the same position as before. There is a timeout and the message is the same each time. i have been trying to download the AI packs which are only offered on myftx.com. I can go to other freeware like airports but if I choose myftx.com as the download point it times out but at least the airports have 3 choices of download source, MY FTX(dont work) ORBX CLOUD (works)or GOOGLE DRIVE(works).

Please put the AI packages on either of the non "patch server" myftx.com, cos it is broke. Nothing at all to do with stale caches on my PC it is a HOST error. My complaint is only with freeware that give on myftx as the download source so that is where the problem needs to be looked at as far as I am concerned.

Fro my perspective to say I cannot download ANY freeware is not correct, only offerings that are only offered on myftx.

Error522 Ray ID: 1e54ebb8c22d13ad • 2015-05-12 08:58:30 UTC Connection timed out

You

Browser

Working

London

CloudFlare

Working

myftx.com

Host

To reiterate between you posting that post and this post the files were downloaded from myftx.com 216 times so excuse me but myftx.com is not 'broke' the error code on your Ray ID is a code that is a timeout on your ISP's behalf, so for complaints, take it to them, thank you :)

Archived