scenery config error

holgerh

Hello,

I just bought and installed a couple of your products and now I get this error message each time I start FSX:

edit: tried to insert a screenshot here but failed though it showd up in the preview :-

Message reads: "SCENERY.CFG Dateifehler. das Verzeichnis für die lokale Szenerie (ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\SCENERY) in Szenerie Area.261 wurde nicht gefunden"

Installed Line up as per FTX central report is this:

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013
FTX CA CBB7 TIPELLA  AIRPORT 1.00 JULY 2013
FTX EU ENJA JAN MAYENSFIELD AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015
FTX NA KPDX CITYSCAPE VERSION 1.10 August 2014
FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 004 April 2014
FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.1 Patch 004 April 2014
FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014
FTX NZ NZNI New Zealand North Island V1.1 PATCH 001 September 2014
FTX NZ NZSI New Zealand South Island V1.3 PATCH 003 July 2014

Order Number Order Number: 378933

I have installed them all in a row so I don't know which package actually triggerd the error. The filename suggest Australia to me, so I put it in the payware forum.

Can you please tell me what's wrong and how to fix it.

Thank you and best regards

Hallo Namensvetter,

so you managed to install that substantial list of add-ons without noticing that each of the installers specifically mentions Orbx libraries and even provides a link for their location? Speed-clicking, indeed!  8)

Here's what you need: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

Well, seems I managed to overlook this indeed. Now it works fine, thank you!

On the other hand, in hindsight, I would love to know where this notice popped up. I did read the Quick Installation Guides in the payware manuals, e.g., PNW page 5 which I have on my screen right now (see copy below). It lists six steps and the last one is "you are ready to fly". None of these steps says anaything about "Orbx libs". It would be helpful to include this step.

Best regards

Holger

Quick Installation Guide
Whether you are installing Orbx FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest from the downloaded FlightSimStore wrapper
installer or the DVD purchased from an Orbx Reseller, the procedure is very similar.
DOWNLOADED FSS WRAPPER EDITION
STEP
INSTRUCTIONS
1 Unzip the FlightSimStore.com (FSS) downloaded ZIP file. You should end up with ten
 SETUP_PNW.x data files, this PDF user guide, the Google Earth KMZ file and the FSS installer
application OrbxFTXNABlue.exe
2 Run OrbxFTXNABlue.exe
3 Fill in the Order Number, Date and Key when requested. This information would have been
 emailed to you when you purchased the download version of FTX PNW from FSS.
4 The wrapper will unwrap the Orbx installer which will then run and present the opening
 installation screen. Please acknowledge the EULA page and continue. You cannot choose a
destination folder, since all Orbx products are installed into the ORBX folder in the FSX folder
5 Once the Orbx installer has completed, you will be prompted to run FTX Central. When you
 do so, FTX Central runs its PNW file management routines, which can take a little time.
6 When the main FTX Central screen is shown, simply select the [North America] region and
 click the [Apply] button. You will hear a confirmation 'ding' and you are ready to fly!

Archived