How do I remove completely Northern California?

Jon Clarke

Due to the extreme problems I am having with this product as I have posted yesterday in this forum, I want to completely remove it. I have tried reinstalling, I have tried deleting it from ORBX folder in P3D but it still showed as installed in Central. I want to remove all of it completely so that it does not show as installed in Central and start afresh. My aim to reinstall it but first of all try it without the SP1 added to see if that helps. If not then I will add SP1. If that doesn't work....well i might just give up !

Thanks Ian. I just did that but my concern is that Central is still showing Northern California as installed:

REGION

Australia FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013

Ireland FTX EU IRL Ireland 1.10 - August 2014

New Zealand North Island FTX NZ NZNI New Zealand North Island V1.1 PATCH 001 September 2014

New Zealand South Island FTX NZ NZSI New Zealand South Island V1.3 PATCH 003 July 2014

Northern California FTX NA NCA Northern California V1.10 Patch 001 June 2014

Northern Ireland FTX EU NIR Northern Ireland v1.1 - 14 December 2013

Northern Rockies FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 004 April 2014

Norway FTX EU NOR Norway V1.10 Patch 001 April 2015

Pacific Fjords FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.1 Patch 004 April 2014

Pacific Northwest FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

Scotland FTX EU SCO Scotland 1.20 - August 2014

Thanks Ed. I have done all the deletions as advised and then reinstalled. However I cannot now see a control panel option for NCalif. Was there one before, I don't recall? I need one to try all the lowest settings, because I still get this api crash as soon as I try to introduce GA in the Traffic slider. All is great with Airlines only but as soon as i set GA slider it crashes. I have done every conceivable option with traffic. My problem is that GA & Airlines works absolutely fine with NRM,PFJ and PNW, infact I can set them quite high and still get 40+ FPS with all autogen at Extremely High setting. I definitely have a huge problem in NCalifornia which is not apparent in any other FTX or other addon(photoscenery only).

I am sure there was a Control/Configure option with NCalif as I recall now the options for Windfarms etc. I need to do a "virgin" install of NCalif but everything I have done to date does not give me the Configure option as there must be  registry entry showing NCalif as installed. If I knew how to delete that registry entry I would have a clean install available. When i reinstall now the FSS wrapper works straight away without asking for "Online verification" order number etc. I need to get it to the point where it requires this verification in order to do the configure again.

Can you help please?

You don't need to go as far as deleting registry entries. All that is kept is the FSS registration details, nothing about the software itself. The 4 NCA folders are all you need to delete to render NCA gone as far as the sim is concerned.

There is no control panel for NCA, but some useful threads are here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83868-still-struggling-with-performance-in-sfbayarea/

What sort of GA traffic are you running? Do you get a crash with Global set and flying in the NCA region?

I have switched to Global and gone to Fresno (KAFT). I get the same crash ! I am at a loss here. I then switched, still in Global, to Austria and flew several airports there with OLC operating, and autogen settings for both Veg & buildings at Extremely High and Traffic for GA & Airlines at 25%............result, a fabulous 60 FPS, plenty of planes in the sky.

So what do you reckon Ed? There must be something wrong with Northern California both Global & region? I ran a "repair" of P3D prior to my tests.

Regarding the link you gave me in your last post, I notice that several people have been talking about the performance of FTX NCA but were mainly focusing in regard to Bay Area/SFran. I noted the responses but feel that it defeats the object if one has to disable so many aspects of the product in order to get a decent flight. One respondent has a 4.6 CPU and a Titan GPU and he needed help.

I find I can probably get a flight going at Fresno with the settings really low but then the product has no real appeal. I know it was made with the future also in mind but when someone with the firepower of 4.6 and a Titan has problems it doesn't help the "now". I hope Southern California is not going to be the same as I only bought NCA with a view to getting SCA, but cannot see it being worthwhile if I can't fly without all settings really low. 

My rig is i7 975 Xtreme and Geforce 780 3G GPU

JJaycee.. I am not being smart or having a go at you, but the problem has to be in your system somewhere, as many many hundreds of users have no problems with these sceneries. I know this is no help regarding your problem, but I truly believe that you should be looking outside of Orbx, and possibly even outside of  your Sim itself for the answers. I am sorry that you have these problems, but I really do not think the Orbx products are the root cause. Teecee.

Thanks Teecee for your comments. I have to say that I too have no problems with ALL the other FTX sceneries. I just switched to FTX Norway with all settings max and had a great smooth flight. My problem is only with Northern California in both FTX NCA and now with N California in Global as well. Something may well be wrong with the whole of that area in my P3d, as I never flew in that area before. I switched FTX NAC off and switched to Global. Crashed in Fresno and crashed in Sacramento with exactly the same settings I had used for Norway. I can use those exact same settings in PNW, PFJ and NRM, Norway, Ireland, Northern Ireland, New Zealand and Norway, Global with OLC Europe in pertinent areas and Global without OLC so I am baffled.

I may have to reinstall P3D but am not convinced that it will remove the problem especially as it will be a mammoth task to reinstall all my sceneries.

There is a definite conflict or I would not get the api crash. I know the api crash is normally something to do with running out of memory or Stackhash but what I cannot understand is why I am having problems in NCA with or without using the FTX NCA or just using the Global. Do you have NCA, FTX NA AI traffic, and MyTraffic 6 by chance? If you have any of those then how is your set up in NCA?

I would like to update my saga here ! On one hand I owe you all an apology and on the other hand I still have a problem.

I had forgotten that I had Night Environment for all of California installed and active. This is a heavy resource addon and was being used for my Megascenery Socal addon. I disabled it and have just flown successfully from Fresno...yipee!

However I still get a crash if I enable any GA traffic. As I have explained I have MyTraffic 6 installed and it resides as instructed outside of P3D and you enter it into the Scenery Library as an addon, and the traffic bgls reside within MT6 Scenery folder and not in scenery\world\scenery as other traffic bgls do. I also have FTX NA AI traffic installed and they reside in scenery\world\scenery.

In order to try and solve my GA traffic problem I disabled MT6 in the Scenery Library. I get the api crash still.

I can run MT6 with Airline traffic in NCA no problem. In fact this mornings successful flight of 40 minutes was with 20% MT6 traffic slider on. FPS was lowest 35 and highest 60. I ran the flight at dusk thru night which enabled Vector Road lights to no detrimental affect at all. As soon as I lowered Airline traffic to zero and put 10% GA traffic in it's place I got a crash.

I have also disabled FTX NA and just used MT6.. again a crash with GA traffic selected in the traffic slider.

So I have disabled MT6 and just run FTX NA AI... crash. Disabled FTX NA AI and used MT6.. crash. The bottom line is that in NCA I cannot have any GA traffic for some reason that I cannot work out. It is very disappointing to fly into all those lovely airfields and only have either no traffic or only static GA planes.

I repeat that this is only in NCA and also NC using only Global and not FTX NCA. All other NA regions work like a dream with both traffic programmes running.

Any suggestions?

Hi Ed.  I have not yet reported this as i was thinking that if I had disabled MT6 then it would not be reading any MT6 related afcad.

Would that be a wrong assumption? I did get a very short period of time where I got Ga traffic to appear at KFCH by deleting all the FTX planes that came with the NA AI programme, but as soon as I attempted to pan round in spot view it crashed. It is normally this attempt to pan in spot view that causes a crash. I have checked MT6 for an afcad for KFCH and none is in there.

I am going to temporarily uninstall MT6 and reinstall FTX traffic files only and see if that works.

I  will report back.

Just completely uninstalled MT6 and reinstalled FTX NA GA AI. Because I wanted only GA planes in Traffic and not airlines(which would not be available without MT6).  I loaded the the flight using the P3D Default cfg settings which are very low including no traffic. The flight loaded and then I paused it to go and put GA traffic slider to 10%. It started to load " Air, Land & Sea" traffic, got to 34% loading and crashed. I then tried loading the same flight using my Fresno cfg which has only 10% Airlines and no GA and higher settings( which work absolutely fine with Airline traffic). The flight loaded and then I paused to add 10% GA and set Airlines to zero. The loading process began and I was in Spot view looking side on at the plane I fly, Cessna 172. As soon as I panned to look down the runway the programme crashed.

So I cannot see how MT6 is of any influence considering it is not installed and all remnants of MT6 were removed during a thorough uninstall. Only FTX NA GA AI is installed. I have removed FTX Global Airports from the Scenery cfg, incase there is a conflict. I loaded the KFCH airport and again default cfg was used. The flight loaded and I changed the FPS setting to unlimited. I was at 97fps so there was no strain at all on the PC evident. I then chose 5% GA traffic slider. As soon as I went to Pan in Spot view to look down the runway the programme crashed. It does not do that if the GA traffic is on Airlines only (and no airlines at KFCH as it is an Exective airport.

Please note that with MT6 installed and the GA traffic slider set to zero%, I can fly all day long.

So something is wrong either with the FTX NA GA AI or within NCA only in regard to GA flight plans and Traffic.

I repeat I do not get this at all in any other FTX NA regions or any other FTX region or Airport addon.

Does an orbx person have NCA and GA traffic FTX NA GA AI installed and can get no problems. I just do not know where to look any further to try and resolve this especially as i think I have eliminated MT6 as being the root cause. It also happens using Global and not NCA. 

Hi Ed. The version I have is FTXP3D2NAGAAITraffic 1.2. I looked at the first link you gave above and have found the HTAI Cessna and removed it. Tried again with KFCH and it crashed as soon as I  panned in spot view. I then completely removed the Cessna 172 Skyhawk. I used the default cfg and got GA traffic but as soon as I moved my plane it crashed. I then disabled the FTX NA traffic and tried just MT6 with my higher setting as i normally use. It tried to load the flight but loading crashed at the 100% mark and did not get to open the flight. I will keep trying, but I would have thought that if the Cessna was a problem then I would see this problem in the other NA regions I have.. NRM, PFJ and PNW ? It has got to be a setting which overloads my PC only in NCA or a faulty plane or an afcad conflict. My problem in fault finding here is that Airlines work fine and are a heavier resource demand than GA planes, and all works fine.

Just experimented and I cannot replicate this. Just using the NZ AI Pack and NCA and set both Airlines & GA to 100%.

I've looked at the Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Abbrev Call Signs.bgl file and the only NCA field that is used is KMRY.

So, just to clarify, that with any AI addon (MT6 or our NA pack) and in the NCA area you get a crash. Is it always at the same airport?

Tried Santa Rosa with normal high settings and 40% GA with MT6 & FTX NA GA AI. Good result no crash and plenty of planes including a plane coming in to land.

Same settings at Eureka Municipal 033 first attempt crashed at 100% loading. No flight.

2nd attempt at GA at 10% crash when panning started.

Ed, just loaded a default cfg KFCH flight.

Here are the Default cfg main settings:

LOD=high, Tesselation=high,mesh=19m,Texture res 1m

Scenery complexity=norm,autogen veg=norm, autogen buildings=norm, water=med, no reflections, no special effects

Graphics: fxaa=on, msaa=2 anistrop=4 texture res=1024x1024,vsync=off, fps=20, shadows=off, weather=clear.

As you can see these are extremely low settings, and my norm is much higher than that.

The flight loaded and I paused to add 5% GA. 1st attempt the GA loading(MT6+FTX NA GA AI) got as far as 24% then crashed.

2nd attempt after restarting P3D, got to load 5% GA(MT6 only) but crashed as soon as I panned to view down the runway.

3rd attempt: Normal high settings, 20% Airline traffic, no crash, unlimited set to FPS, flew at 30-55FPS.MT6 only.

I am currently and very slowly(200kbps) redownloading NCA. No-one else has chipped in to this topic to say they have a problem, only you saying you tried to replicate the problem. I assume where you say

"Just using the NZ AI Pack and NCA and set both Airlines & GA to 100%." that you were at KFCH, and that the use of NZ AI is a typo and should read NA AI Pack?

I have checked for duplicate afcads and cannot find any. I have checked that no airports in FTX Global NA airports are duplicated. I have removed KFCH objects from the NCA scenery folder and still get the crash.

If I could determine exactly that it is a Traffic problem I would be getting somewhere. It does appear to be don't you think?

I always remove the default P3D traffic bgl when I have Traffic addons. I could try and do a P3D repair again which wil reintroduce the P3D traffic bgl, disable MT6 and FTX NA AI and see if that does anything.

In the meantime it is really peeing me off as it is so frustrating to not be able to fly in this great product as I can in all other regions.

Yes, sorry it was just a typo.

I don't think you need to reinstall NCA, so save yourself a download.

3rd attempt: Normal high settings, 20% Airline traffic, no crash, unlimited set to FPS, flew at 30-55FPS.MT6 only. <===What happens in this scenario when you move the GA slider up?

What if you use a default airplane such as the R22? 

Archived