England and EU regions

jollyone

Hi guys, new here, just a quick question regarding running multiple regions together, is this possible?

I installed FTX England last night, looks great i must add, then started adding the OpenLC EU regions this morning and noticed that in FTX Central 2 my "England" region has dissapeared, does the OpenLC overwrite the FTX England files?

Any help would be great! :) 

Many thanks

Hi guys, new here, just a quick question regarding running multiple regions together, is this possible?

I installed FTX England last night, looks great i must add, then started adding the OpenLC EU regions this morning and noticed that in FTX Central 2 my "England" region has dissapeared, does the OpenLC overwrite the FTX England files?

Any help would be great! :)

Many thanks

Hi jollyone,

If you have both FTX Global and a European region installed you should see "FTX Global" and "Europe" tabs on the left of FTX Central.

Would you mind taking a screenshot and showing us the results you're seeing?

Ben

Hi Ben, thanks for taking the time to come back to me :) 

Couple of things to note....1st screenshot is the FTX Central application as i see it : 

screen1.jpg

The 2nd is how it shows in game....not great i have to be honest, the scenary keeps changing and putting square water, where it shouldnt belong, almost like its just making up the terrain as it goes really! I updated my England region with updates from Orbx website this morning, applied the region, then loaded FSX and the result, although an improvement, its just killed by wrongly placed and changing tiles!! :( 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

screen2.jpg

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately im all new to this and your response fell onto dumb ears! Can you tell me what to do in a more...simple fashion?! 

I've attached another screen shot, also the installed list of software FTX Central (some Unknown in there...)....

i tried "resyncing" data on FTX central to, but not sure that achieved much either.....

screen4.jpg

screen3.jpg 

Hi Thanks for the reply! :) 

Makes sense, but, i have 2 version of FTX Central, i have FTX Central, and FTX Central 2 (FSX - Europe).

FTX Central the insertion points show the following : 

ftx1.jpg

And FTX Central 2 show : 

ftx2.jpg

Not entirely sure which one is correct, but FTX Central seems to show my Orbx England Scenery where as FTX Central 2 doesnt....

I've tried changing the insertion points on both, then reloading FSX, and still doing the same funky stuff! 

Thanks again 

PS > Would it matter if i had the Scotland scenery? Or should it just default to OpenLC/Base textures?

I suggest you recheck the link in Holgers post [#9] above.

All your Open LC entries should be below the  "Addon scenery" entry in your Library    see pic 

D96DOJ.jpg

At present you only have one region, England, so if flying solely in England select "Europe" in FTX Central 2

If flying in Europ, say France, ie. outside of an FTX "Region" you have installed ie England  select "Global"

When people say check your library entries / order it is the Scenery Library within FSX that you check 

k3r4Ea.jpg

Hope this helps

I did try that, but for what ever reason, i couldnt move "Addon_scenery" to the top or above OpenLC or FTX scenery, BUT....what ever i've done, seems to have sorted it out! 

Ill be sure to try again after this flight, im just enjoying some good scenery at the moment! On my next flight ill see how it pans out! 

Thanks again for all the help/comments :D 

Ok, so, a bit of an update. Scotland is still broke :( BUT, as i was typing this i had a though....

FTX Europe was my active region, im guessing Scotland doesnt fall into England right? And classed as a separate region? Should i have had Global/Hybrid mode selected whilst Flying Scotland -> England whilst only having England Region installed?

This is my setup : 

FTX Europe selected/Active (as im flying Scotland -> England basically)

Scenary Library, Addon-Scenery very top, closely followed by FTX region, then OpenLC underneath that

Still breaking on scenery (see image below) some kind of muddled up roads. 

Many thanks!

2015-05-04_00032.jpg

I did try that, but for what ever reason, i couldnt move "Addon_scenery" to the top or above OpenLC or FTX scenery, BUT....what ever i've done, seems to have sorted it out! 

Remember, that's moving it in FSX Scenery Library, not in FTXCentral2's list - is that failing to move?

FTX Europe was my active region, im guessing Scotland doesnt fall into England right? And classed as a separate region? Should i have had Global/Hybrid mode selected whilst Flying Scotland -> England whilst only having England Region installed?

Exactly so.  "Europe" refers to those European regions you have installed, not geographic Europe.  Outside the regions you have, you'd use Global.  So if you don't have the Scotland region, you'd use Global if flying from Edinburgh to  Inverness.  And quite right, you'd use Global/Hybrid if flying between England (region) and Scotland (Global).

Archived