Devils Tower Scenery - Rock not visible

I really enjoyed all the details of this nice freeware scenery, thanks for that!

My only problem is that the impressive Rock is not visible, there is just a standard basic hill.

Should I uninstall the entire scenery and reinstall again?

Tips are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Set to Global to see the tower.

Thanks for your tip!

Actually I was in "Global" and the lates libraries have been installed. I performed same procedure again, but no change.

I have seen same topic has been opened by Rodger Petticord.

Any solution?

Somewhat confused now as I asked Ed a specific question about running the latest libraries installer after adding scenery.  Specifically if you installed older FTX scenery that may place old outdated files in the FTX Libraries on install.  This was the reason for always installing the latest libraries last.  According to his answer if the library files are changed or deleted FTX Central V2 will recognize this and update itself.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96307-ftx-central-and-orbx-library-download-availability/?hl=%2Binstalling+%2Blatest+%2Blibraries

My interpretation of his answer is the FTX Central will automatically tell you IF you need to add the libraries again.  Of course this is pedicated on the fact that you already have the libraries installed in your sim.

Here's Ed's answere in its entirety.  It clearly says it does MORE than determines that the libraries are installed.  He even tells you how to determine that by altering text and/or files and Central will tell you a newer version is available.  Read the entire portion of the thread concerning this and I think you will agree that from what Ed says Central will keep your libraries up to date as new scenery is added.

The original reason for re-installing the libraries after adding new scenery was in earlier add-ons some contained new scenery objects that were not yet in earlier libraries so installing the latest libs. would add those objects.  Now v2 of Central detects when you need to install the libraries again and will do that for you.

"Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hi Spud,

FTX C2 is coded to make sure you have the latest Orbxlibs installed and will alert you with a message.

To simulate this, go to your ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and open FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT. Change some of the text by adding or deleting, doesn't matter what, save and close. To show how future updates will occur, go to ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and delete a file (maybe a couple of the larger ones so the update procedure looks obvious)

Open up FTX C and you will the message at the top informing of a new Orbxlibs. Click on the green info bar to start the update process. FTXC will now look at what files it needs to grab to get you updated.

So in a nutshell, if using FTX C2, you will always be up to date with Orbxlibs.

The message that is in all installers is to remind users to have the latest Libs installed, not really meant to be an instruction to do so. I might reword that to

'Please ensure you have the latest Orbxlibs installed, if not already done so""

Archived