No taxiways showing YMML

Ian Kidd

I recently installed ORBX Melbourne and it's great except there are no taxiways, no lines and blurred edges to the taxiways. I have the same issue in YSCB Canberra but not in YBCS (Cairns)  -all ORBX addons.

Any ideas?

Thanks Ian

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same issue with Melbourne. (AUS scenery is installed and up to date).

The runways and taxiways/markings are merely very blurred photoscenery or similar.

FSS order No FSS0391191

FSS order date 2015-06-11

Thanks,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Be sure to have latest ORBXlibs installed and activated correctly by FTX Central (v2). To make investigation easier, always post screenshots with coordinates and further information.

• 5 months later...

Thanks Nick.

I'm sure this is not 'photoreal scenery'; see screenshots attached

YMML_1 at gate D23 buildings, vehicles, people show normally, no taxiways or apron markings show

YMML_2 taxiway Juliet exiting RW 16/34, no edges to taxiway

YMML_3 taxiway Alpha

YMML_4 taxiway Echo crossing Rw 16/34; it's hard to discern that this is a taxiway

I have reinstalled FTX YMML several times, to no avail. If I switch FTX off using FTX central, the default taxiways appear as they should.

Any other suggestions?

Kind Regards

ian

YMML_1.jpg

YMML_2.jpg

YMML_3.jpg

YMML_4.jpg

Thanks Nick. I read these posts but they don't seem to solve my problem. A pity, because the buildings and scenery apart from this are great.

Regards

ian

CPU: i7-4930K,32 GB RAM DDR3, Nvidia GForce GTX Titan Black, Win 8, FSX Acceleration

Hi Jarrad,

thanx again. Yes, I have tried adjusting the mesh & texture resolution settings; it looks fine with the settings maxed out  (large radius, Mesh complexity 100, Mesh res 1m, Texture res 7cm) but at lower settings it looks hazy with little detail at 5cm and 5m;  I'll trying running on max settings for a while to see if my rig can cope with it

:)

thanks again, your help is much appreciated

Ian

Hi Ian,

Just a thought and probably a silly one at that, but I notice you are using "FSUIPC Wide server" as seen in your FSX window banner. I wonder if you are serving your simulator from a network PC and maybe that is not delivering the YMML ground textures quickly enough. Do you notice the same blurry ground scenery in other heavy load scenery areas. Have you tried pausing the sim for a minute to see if the textures resolve. This might reveal a likely problem and potential solution.

Archived