FTX YMML Ground Texture Scenery Issue

787SYD

Good Evening,

I seem to be having an issue with the ground textures used on the FTX YMML add-on. When using it on FSX the tarmac, taxiways and runways all appear to be not of very good quality. In fact when viewing the tarmac and taxiways through Cockpit view the tarmac resembles dirt more than tarmac itself. The runways also look very poor and blurry from ground level... 

Can anyone please advise if/how this can be rectified to improve the visual appearance/quality??

Thanks in advance!! ::)  ::)

If you search "YMML" you will find a number of people describing similar issues. For example

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/66408-melbourne/?hl=%2Bymml+%2Bdetail#entry608686 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86329-ymml-ground-texture-issues/?hl=ymml 

... and there must be more. YMML ground isn´t as crystal clear & sharp as the new scenries are, but it should still give a good impression - and the buildings must be total sharp.

How did you get that level of clarity, Gerold? What are your settings in FSX, your cfg and NVidia Inspector settings?

No Nvidia, I am on AMD. And here are some of my settings (hope it´s sufficient):

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=6

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

D3D10=1

HIGHMEMFIX=1

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

MultiSampleQuality=8

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=24

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

[Display]

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

WideViewAspect=True

ForceVCShadowMap=1

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series.0]

Anisotropic=1

AntiAlias=1

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=1

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

Hope this helps...?

• 3 months later...

the issue in that post was related to ybbn and was solved using the ybbn control panel choosing fsx ground poly instead of the blurry photoreal ground textures. This post is about ymml and I can not find an option in the ymml control panel to switch from the awful looking photoreal ground textures to fsx ground poly. How can you not see what airport this post is about and not knowing there isnt a solution for ymml like it is for ybbn as in the post you were refering to? I am so dissapointed in ymml v2 and the awful looking blurry ground markings. A waste of my money on that one, feel really burned like someone ripping me off.

Archived