I have not fired up the sim in over a week now.  Part of the blame may be that I bought GTA 5 for pc last Thursday.    

Its strange, I almost have guilt feelings about ignoring my FSX that I love so much for such an extended period.    I remember this happened when skyrim came out, and now that game is not even installed on my computer ,so  I hope  to so get over this new game and back into the simulated skies ASAP.   

So in order to make myself feel better I am looking for some one to tell me they have gone longer

I have not fired up the sim in over a week now.  Part of the blame may be that I bought GTA 5 for pc last Thursday.    

Its strange, I almost have guilt feelings about ignoring my FSX that I love so much for such an extended period.    I remember this happened when skyrim came out, and now that game is not even installed on my computer ,so  I hope  to so get over this new game and back into the simulated skies ASAP.   

So in order to make myself feel better I am looking for some one to tell me they have gone longer

Sorry, no sympathy here, my friend.  I only have FSX installed on my game rig--nothing else, for just the reasons you are alluding to...  :ph34r:

Thanx Stew...... that means alot friend.

I like to think time away makes one's appreciation that much multiplied upon return though.

Kind of like  a vacation from ones beautiful habitations to another venue or place , like Las Vegas ect.

nice to visit .,wouldn't want to live there. but your reply ,although lacking sympathy is appreciated.

but I dont seek sympathy ....more validation. for my vacation to some really nice graphics and the seedy side of home desktops >:D

I sound like a traitor, I know, but I have been having a play with DCS - their UH-1 is absolutely brilliant. However, I cannot stay away from my main Flight Sim which is P3d and Orbx scenery for more than a few days! The difference between the 2 is that the DCS is brilliant for flying generally and shooting up anything - but P 3D and Orbx together are a simulator, and as such, are unbeatable. When P3D gives me some grief, I nip across to DCS and vent my frustrations!!

Kev

I went for almost a year without touching it... for a while I hated FS and all that went with it (I won't go in to the details) but I came back feeling good about the hobby and enjoy it even more... no guilt.

Enjoy GTA... I've already double-dipped, getting the original XB360 release and then the PS4 version... I would get the PC version too if I had a better rig... its an amazing bit of programming.

How do you like GTA V? Thinking about buying it soon!

I sound like a traitor, I know, but I have been having a play with DCS - their UH-1 is absolutely brilliant.

I'm maybe a bit eccentric here; I do like my DCS, but... despite the excellent graphics and quality flight models, it just seems to lack that special atmosphere that Falcon 4 had....

• 2 weeks later...

the first person mode in gta 5 pc is really neat.

How do you like GTA V? Thinking about buying it soon!

first person mode on pc is really the best.

makes me wish I had 2 980x running in sli

really really addicting.

I like it !

I have moods, this week it's flying, next week might be motorcycle racing ( or cars ). The week after could be swords and sorcery, or assassins creed of one kind or another. Then there's  Firefall, or Fallen Earth or Entropia...   Depends... I'm not sure on what though... seratonin levels perhaps...

LOL

Sue

• 1 month later...

Archived