Links to Norway FREEWARE sceneries, adapted to ORBX Norway!

This will take your Norway experience to a new level. Yes the developers have had close contact with ORBX. Latest release for AoN is from 2015-04-18 18.00 !!!!!!!!!

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e0121e64dc8923ca&id=E0121E64DC8923CA%21105

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=68f40b20c179dfec&id=68F40B20C179DFEC%212532

NB! The sceneries are developed for P3D v2.5.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

This will take your Norway experience to a new level. Yes the developers have had close contact with ORBX. Latest release for AoN is from 2015-04-18 18.00 !!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Jack.

Do you know if these sceneries work as well with the combination FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC EU?

There is a .bat file that changes the some FTX files in ORBX... is that OK?? vthere are not instructions for it.  Also all the references in the file are to non standard folders, the  .bat does not perform its task.

Jorge

1 It works with region EU Norway

2 As far as I can see the surrounding sceneries do not get flattened or interfer with other airports.

Can you give a link to some pictures or sites that show what we will get?

I would like to see the end result before I go through all the trouble to install this :)

Jorge

You are right about the .bat file You have to edit the .bat-file so it points to your location of the

\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery

1     L: is the name of your HD where your sim is installed so you have to change it

2     You also have to change the name of your sim (as you can se under CD L:\.......

I did it this way. I deleted the following lines in the bat file,

L:

CD L:\

CD L:\Microsoft FLight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery

copied the .bat file into the ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery library and run it from there.

Eric

The only link I can give you is to the Norwegian forum where they have pictures. 

http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/

As I said above, I have mailed the developers and asked them to join this thread.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

First of all, let me say I'm sorry for my English, but it's more than 50 years since I left school.

I'm the maker of the Norway GA Airfields, for short NGA, so I'll try to answer questions for this scenery. Andrew is the maker of Airports of Norway, AON for short, and he have no trouble with the language for sure.

NGA was made before ORBX even thought of making anything for Europe and Norway. We had scenery designers for all sorts of mesh, coastlines, rivers, lakes, roads and a landclass. Andrew had started his work to make most of the larger airports shine and I made my first release for NGA.

When FTX Global, EU Landclass and Global Vector arrived on the scene I tried to match NGA to those scenery packages, and the same goes for FTX Norway and SP1. So why do we do that? Well we think we know our country just as good as someone else and can use that knowledge to fix up airports/airfields and areas closer to the real thing.

Enough background history.

To Alan2: Our flattens are at least as good as FTX, some places much better I think. Vegetation can be more correct but at some Photoreal airfieldss less perfect since I have not finished AGN yet.

To aeronata: The bat files will work if you edit the hdd and folder names to suit Yours setup. Fact is that every simmer have their own way of doing things. I did not know that we would be worldwide that soon.

But, a friend of mine, have now made a new tool for that, both in Norwegian and English. I will give you a link for that soon.

These files will let you rename or resume FTX files.

I have tried to utilize FTX Norway as much as possible, but there are places where I think mine are more real. So to avoid conflicts we choosed to do it this way.

For a lot of screenshots, both new but also some old, this is a good place too http://www.flightsimnorway.com/

This link was for the tool on top - MergeFTX NGA file dated 17042015.

Or you can find it here

http://1drv.ms/1CP3Njc

A link to an old thread here for some shots from NGA

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89637-ftx-eu-norway-with-local-help/

And 2 new

ENAE Ostre Ara east of Rena

NTMdq9o.jpg

ENRV Reinsvoll, about 115 km north of Oslo, nearest city Gjovik, or Hamar on the east side of lake Mjosa.

Ns4qTaX.jpg

Regarding Airports of Norway;

A package containing 33 airports with a lot of custom models, and around 19 photosceneries. I still see a lot of hesitation regarding photoscenry; people fear they are flat and lifeless. Not so with AoN. One of my happy tasks is to break those beliefs. :)

I take great care to stick to the airport area with my photos usually. Those photos that extends well outside the airport boundaries, I give autogen trees and houses, in order to avoid flatness. I would never upload a photo that would confirm people's "old fears".

You will not loose anything. Only gain realism. That is my design philosophy. It is also about making effective, speedy sceneries. If one of my scenerys suddenly had an impact on the frame rate, I would simply not upload it.

All my airports and photos are properly georeferenced. Things are placed, where they are in reality. ENBO is one exception, as the models are so old, there is nothing more I can do about it, meaning the terminal and main apron is a little offset.

Here's a link showing Oslo Gardermoen:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96387-airports-of-norway-373-made-for-ftx-norway-sp1/

Visit this place to see pics from most of the AoN airports:

http://flightsimnorway.com/index.php

I'm glad I could help you Jorge.

Some asked for pictures to show what to expect in NGA. I shall not drown you or the forum with shots from NGA, but 4 more to show what if NGA or FTX Norway alone.

If you draw a straight line between ENEV Evenes and ENDU Bardufoss, you will during your flight pass over this airfield, ENLV Elvenes (or Salangen in FTXN).

FTX Norway alone

5V8cDwj.jpg

And together with NGA

hYegNPR.jpg

So, as far notheast you will fly, if you have not asked Putin for a permission to cross the border, Vardo town and island

Again FTXN alone

bQfH1yW.jpg

This one is a combination of AON (photo ground) and NGA

YXbfaoU.jpg

Think I will not draw more on my goodwill in this forum.

Jan, the link points to FlightSimNorway.com but WHAT is the file name?

Found it by hoovering over Norwegian GA Airfields and klicking on FlightsimNorway (v2.90) and last choice Patch NGA 290 18032014!!!!

Direct link to NGA download: http://flightsimnorway.com/addons/default.php?funct=dl&pack=nga

If flying in Norway, NGA and Airports of Norway (AON) is highly recommended as a topping on the beautiful FTX EU Norway cake!

For those in doubt, take a peek at Ole's excellent site and compare. Naturally our home-made airports surpasses the FTXN ones. ORBX never said each airport would surpass everything. They just did an excellent job with everything anyway, and lifted it all way above default, to a degree I have never seen before, but always asked for. A great foundation to build on.

Installed AON and NGA above FTX NORWAY - absolut amazing! Thanks to all authors.

My first legs (ENHA - ENOA, ENCN - ENZV) didn't show any problems during flight, but yesterday something strange happened in the Notodden-region (ENNO):

No lakes, no rivers, no water at all. Norway like a desert.... Instead of water-textures only forests.

What could be the problem?

Very nice! Will take a look too. Thanks Jack, Jan and Andrew! Like having some great starter add-ones for FTX EU: Norway! Thank you Jan and Andrew!

Kind regards,

Sid

Sorry I can't see how to fix your problem, since I am not able to reproduce it in my setup. I can see that we are using the same products from ORBX, and the same Windows 7 64bit. But related to your signature, I think you may use a diffrent airplane. I do not have any PMDG or other "pro" planes at the moment in my P3D v2.5, only default planes.

What I can tell are, that neither AON nor NGA have any scenery close to this area. For NGA the closest sceneries are ENHS and ENJB, and for AON ENRY and ENDI. So those should not interfere or produce this sort of faults around ENNO.

I just took off from ENNO with the F-22 (full flaps & vector thrust does the job!) - and enjoyed the area, no faults. Once I had an artefact flashing in mid-air. I've seen several of those since SP1. Flew to ENTO. ENNO FTXN version, ENTO Aerosoft version.

In my experience, a fjord may get full of land if scenery layering is wrong, or the coastline is broken.

I will write up a post about the AoN details later on. Not right now, as I am busy now and then with maintenance outside in the real world. But I can tell you the Photopacks and autogen are mandatory parts of AoN. Without the Photopacks, my airports will just look terrible.

Installed AON and NGA above FTX NORWAY - absolut amazing! Thanks to all authors.

My first legs (ENHA - ENOA, ENCN - ENZV) didn't show any problems during flight, but yesterday something strange happened in the Notodden-region (ENNO):

No lakes, no rivers, no water at all. Norway like a desert.... Instead of water-textures only forests.

What could be the problem?

Hi Amundsen,

I had a similar Problem.with my norway scenery.

suddenly the landclass looks strange.

i figured out,that the season changer from Aerosoft made the bug.

look into your FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX landclass folder and check,

whether the winter and summer files are simultaneously active.

it should only ever be summer or winter active.

I've corrected it by Hand.

hope it helps ;)

Cheers

Bluebear

Hi Amundsen,

I had a similar Problem.with my norway scenery.

i figured out,that the season changer from Aerosoft made the bug.

look into your FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX landclass folder and check,

whether the winter and summer files are simultaneously active.

it should only ever be summer or winter active.

Checked: Only winter-files active.

Now I went back to FTX NORWAY without AON + NGA ... reactivated the ORBX-files which should be deactivated while running AON + NGA.

And the surprise is: norway is still a desert!!! Don't know if it has been like this before, but it seems that the Telemark-region is without any water. Coastlines are correct, "salt-water" is shown.

Here you get the view southeast at ENNO - nothing to see from the beautiful Heddalsvatnet:-(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofddh2d4rl5q8lb/ENNO1.jpg?dl=0

Checked: Only winter-files active.

Now I went back to FTX NORWAY without AON + NGA ... reactivated the ORBX-files which should be deactivated while running AON + NGA.

And the surprise is: norway is still a desert!!! Don't know if it has been like this before, but it seems that the Telemark-region is without any water. Coastlines are correct, "salt-water" is shown.

Here you get the view southeast at ENNO - nothing to see from the beautiful Heddalsvatnet:-(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofddh2d4rl5q8lb/ENNO1.jpg?dl=0

hmm ,however, there seems to be a landclass problem.

did you have NSX LandClass aktive ?

We are still working hard on updates for AON and NGA, and much have been done. Still I find small details I would like to take into this scenery. Trondenes fort nearby Harstad with four of the biggest guns from WWII, 40,6cm, one still operational, and Moevik fort nearby Kristiansand S. Only one 38 cm gun still left on place. 

Trondenes fort

TCie1Ya.jpg

I will do some more work with the flattens.

Archived