Links to Norway FREEWARE sceneries, adapted to ORBX Norway!

Hope I didn't miss anything in this thread... But as being a long-time fan of AON and Norway in particular, can you please guide me as to where I can find detailed install instructions of freeware Norway sceneries atop Orbx Norway?

I remember there were a couple of threads at AVSIM, now with this one here and flightsimnorway.com, Bridges X, GA airfields, Mesh X etc. I'm totally puzzled... :)

Thanks!

hmm ,however, there seems to be a landclass problem.

did you have NSX LandClass aktive ?

hmmm....I do not remember if I installed norwegian landclasses in the beginning of my P3D-career. But I'm sure that today my scenery.cfg does not contain anything covering scandinavia since I installed FTX NORWAY.

Perhaps there are still some landclass files which did not removed from HDD.

In this case: where could I find such files? (what file-extension do they use?)

Normally you would find them in folders NSX III or NSX II. NSX III replace all in NSX II,so that folder must be deleted. And, since you now use FTX Norway you can delete all of NSX III too.

NSX III can be diveded in different folders, like water, alpin, Landclass, Woods and so on.

All files have exstension .BGL.

Checked again for other folders - nothing concerning the Norway-area. No NSX-files!

How can I find out whats going wrong? Is there any LC-file missing?

Again: there is no difference between AON /NGA activated and deactivated.

Maybe you had this problem even before AoN/NGA was installed. It reminds me of similar problems I had with early versions of Vectors. As I don't use Vectors or OpenLC myself, I cannot reproduce this. But suggest a FTXN/Vectors conflict.

Landclass files usually have the letters "CVX" in it.

Checked again for other folders - nothing concerning the Norway-area. No NSX-files!

How can I find out whats going wrong? Is there any LC-file missing?

Again: there is no difference between AON /NGA activated and deactivated.

bevor you tried to find the needle in a haystack,

i suggest you to reinstall FTX Norway,perhaps some files are not installed correctly.

i could post a list of the LC files of FTX-Norway, if you want.  

Now I have located the area without any water-textures (coastlines are correct, saltwater displays):

It is covering the area from

N59.2 E5.20

to

N61.50 E11.10

(not exact, captured only by spotview)

Screenshots (the first JPG shows the sharp border to "desert-area"):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsnthlhw7fuozoc/Norwegian%20desert%201.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f73ts52k83l11r/Norwegian%20desert%202.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvyssfxjmzyvgi0/Norwegian%20desert%203.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcibujvqmpjtuub/Norwegian%20desert%204.jpg?dl=0

Which files are responsable for this area?

bevor you tried to find the needle in a haystack,

i suggest you to reinstall FTX Norway,perhaps some files are not installed correctly.

i could post a list of the LC files of FTX-Norway, if you want.  

Ahh...this would be great - thanks!

Thanks a lot!

After comparing your file list with my HDD, it seems that something must have gone wrong during installation or later.

Found many files like ***winter.bgl.off.bgl or ***summer.bgl.off.bgl.off

Now I will reinstall FTX NORWAY and be back tomorrow!

One more question - are there any users with FSX SP2 running both FTX Norway and these freeware addons smoothly? I've been using AON since FS9 times and as a loyal fan would like to continue using the updated sceneries. I'll buy Orbx Norway anyway but would like to know if the latest AON is FSX-compatible (or can be made compatible) before downloading the monster packs.

Thanks!

One more question - are there any users with FSX SP2 running both FTX Norway and these freeware addons smoothly? I've been using AON since FS9 times and as a loyal fan would like to continue using the updated sceneries. I'll buy Orbx Norway anyway but would like to know if the latest AON is FSX-compatible (or can be made compatible) before downloading the monster packs.

Thanks!

My PC isn't a highend-machine at all, but together with FTX NORWAY my VFR-flights between the AON-fields run very smoothly (P3D 2.4, A2A-Cherokee).

Don't know how much glass-cockpits decrease the FPS.

My PC isn't a highend-machine at all, but together with FTX NORWAY my VFR-flights between the AON-fields run very smoothly (P3D 2.4, A2A-Cherokee).

Don't know how much glass-cockpits decrease the FPS.

Thanks, Amundsen! But i was asking about FSX, not P3D. Have you also tested AON under FSX?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Problem with the "norwegian desert" solved!

Reinstalling FTX NORWAY eliminated all bugs - there have been many strange filenames in the FTX_NOR-folders, so it was the better way to reinstall instead of seeking the needle in a haystack.

Don't know what caused the renaming of so many files....

Anyway - all waters are back - thanks a lot to all!

Amundsen: I'm so happy that you have solved the problems, have some nice flying in Norway.

simurq: I have both P3D v2.5 and FSX Gold Edition in use on my PC, and I use the same AON and NGA files for both sims. All my NGA files are made using FSX as a testbed because P3D have been constantly updated. Now I have tested all mine and AON in v2.5 together with FTX Norway, FTX Vector, FTX OpenLC EU and FTX Global Base, no problem. Norway have never been better in the flightsim world.

Amundsen: I'm so happy that you have solved the problems, have some nice flying in Norway.

simurq: I have both P3D v2.5 and FSX Gold Edition in use on my PC, and I use the same AON and NGA files for both sims. All my NGA files are made using FSX as a testbed because P3D have been constantly updated. Now I have tested all mine and AON in v2.5 together with FTX Norway, FTX Vector, FTX OpenLC EU and FTX Global Base, no problem. Norway have never been better in the flightsim world.

i can fully confirm :)

AON and N GA Airfields works great in FSX.

many thanks to its developers !!!

Have nice flights around Heddalsvatnet , Amundsen :)

i'm glad you solved your probs.

Cheers

Bluebear

I have a few elevation problems at ENJB (Jarlsberg) made by Marius Risan. See below images:

I've done everything as instructed in the included readme, namely de-activated the following files:

Inside "FSX/ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY/Scenery" <-- Norway SP1

ADE_FTX_NOR_ENJB.bgl

ADE_FTX_NOR_ENJB_CVX.bgl

FTX_NOR_ENJB_objects.bgl

Inside "Norway GA Airfields/scenery" <-- using the patched v2.90.

ENJB_ADEX_JAN.bgl

ENJB_ADEX_JAN_CVX.bgl

Also, I'm including a copy of my scenery.cfg currently active on my PC: http://pastebin.com/2G3Tc9Md

K9KpVsA.jpg

UdLcCqs.jpg

6rIGrE6.jpg

Thank you!!!

No, the XXs are for representation purpose only and replaced by relevant numbers (in ascending order from top to down) in my actual scenery.cfg. E.g., 

[Area.252]
Title=AoNN Airports
Active=TRUE
Layer=252
Required=FALSE
Local=Norway_X\AoNN_Airports

[Area.253]
Title=Jarlsberg (ENJB)
Active=TRUE
Layer=253
Required=FALSE
Local=Norway_X\ENJB_Jarlsberg

[Area.254]
Title=AndoyaX Lower
Active=TRUE
Layer=254
Required=FALSE
Local=Norway_X\AndoyaX_Lower

[Area.255]
Title=AndoyaX Higher
Active=TRUE
Layer=255
Required=FALSE
Local=Norway_X\AndoyaX_Higher

Also, as I have indicated on top of my scenery.cfg posted here, ALL third-party Norway entries (AON, NGA, etc.) are above FTN Norway entries anyway. But still the same problem... :(

Your scenery.cfg shows that you installed this scenery:

[Area.xx]

Title=Jarlsberg (ENJB)

Active=TRUE

Layer=xx

Required=FALSE

Local=Norway_X\ENJB_Jarlsberg

additionally to the "ENJB" files of GA2.90

Maybe that's the problem?

Thanks Jack, but Andoya Higher is above Lower anyway in my scenery.cfg. You can see it in my post above - layer 255 (Andoya Higher) means it's higher priority than layer 254 (Andoya Lower).

Going back to Jarlsberg, I still couldn't solve the mesh problem although tried disabling all files with ENJB in the filename inside both FTX Norway and NGA to no avail yet. So, deleted ENJB for now... :(

There is no way you can fix this problem, ENJB X have a totally wrong flatten. That's why you get those errors. The airstrip height is correct enough, but he made that flatten cover a large area around the airfield. For that reason I kept my non photo scenery in NGA 2.90. There you will have all slopes around the airstrip correct.

But, I see now that I again, after SP1, will have to find a new texture for the area on the southwest part.

If you still prefer the photoscenery you may do exactely what you have done in NGA.

Just for a test I copied the photoscenery bgl into my ground folder, and it worked for me. But I will not say you should do so. Maybe Marius Risan will fix it in the future.

Simurq: There is one more file in NGA you will need to take out, CVX_ENJB_Mesh.bgl. You will see why in Your Picture No 3. Look at the steep edge along the road, that's where the road should have been, but as you can see his flatten goes way further out in all directions.

All other faults goes back to that flatten. It'll be Your Choice, flat photo or not. Regarding the rest, I think you will find the buildings are much the same standard, except in the South end and Southwest side.

Thanks a lot, Jannor! Yes, I'd noticed that particular mesh file too but deactivating it didn't help either. Anyway, I've decided to switch to ENJB of NGA which is also good until Marius makes an update.

Thanks!

Archived