OrbxFTXTreesHD100

MRGENOUX

dear All,

I just purchased OrbxFTXTreesHD100. The installation was allright, the integration with the other Orbx products went smoothly, and the trees are indeed nice, but...

the parkways of Quito International airport are invaded by big trees!

As there are no section for OrbxFTXTreesHD100's support, I decided to post my topic here.

Please help!

Kind Regards,

Philippe

Hi Phillippe,

Trees HD does not change the placement of autogen trees in any way. Thus, your issue with Quito airport has to have a different cause. If one finds autogen trees or buildings on an airport that usually indicates that some scenery or airport add-on excludes the local background grass polygon.

Cheers, Holger

dear Holger,

Thank you for your answer.

As you can see with my signature, the only add-ons installed on my FSX are the ones from orbx or orbx approved. So if there are problems of autogen, I let you guess who is at the origin of the issues...  ;-)

Philippe

dear Ed,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I made the following tests.

Test #1

I opened FTX Central 2 and unchecked 'Use FTX Trees HD', and started again FSX.

No change :

• first the trees are still present on the taxiway to the runway in Quito
  • second: I see no real change in the trees themselves with and without 'FTX Trees HD' checked.

Test #2

I opened FTX Central 2 and unchecked 'Use FTX Trees HD' and 'Use Orbx Trees', and started again FSX.

No change again.

Test #3

I read the the FTX Trees HD user guide, and discovered that in Tools, Aero TML setting should be set at 2048. When I click on "apply" and come back to Aero, this parameter goes back to 1024.

Is this normal?

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Philippe

Aero issue is known, but it does enter the 2048 entry into your FSX.cfg file so the setting is applied to your sim.

In your scenery library within the sim, scroll down to you find the 4 Vector entries and untick them and apply and check SEQM.

dear Ed,

Following your e-mail, I unchecked ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ, _APT, _CVX and _EXX in the FSX Libraries found in Parameters.

I checked Quito airport...

Yes, the trees have disappeared from the taxiways. But, and I guess this is normal, the parkway is sided by huge cliffs (elevation problem), and the runway is blocked with a cliff.

Your diagnostic is verifiyed. Can we expect a patch to correct Orbx Vector, and additionally Aero TML?

Kind regards,

Philippe

I checked into this and found that disabling the Vector_CVX folder stopped the autogen trees from showing up on the taxiway/parking areas at SEQU.  I didn't have any trees on the runway.  I tried disabling the Vector_EXX folder but the trees remained and the elevations were wrong, so I reenabled it.

Just one note on the Trees HD.  After you select to have them either on or off you need to reapply the region for it to take effect.  From your signature you would only have "Global" as a region, but you still need to reapply it after you check/uncheck TreesHD.

Archived